MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

That game had pretty much everything that has me pessimistic about the playoffs. Bud’s decision-making, Brook’s inability to move, Khris doing stupid nonsense down the stretch, Pat on the floor over Portis and Teague in big spots. And Marc Davis existing.

And just challenge a damn call. JFC Bud. There were probably five completely questionable ones in the second half alone.

• Like 1

Whenever I start to think I’ve accepted  Khris for what he is, he goes out and does that. How can a guy go from so good in the third to doing every single thing wrong in the fourth? Lob to Brook, not grabbing the rebound on the Warriors last possession, garbage inbound pass, forced three down one with five seconds left. Was incredible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Whenever I start to think I’ve accepted  Khris for what he is, he goes out and does that. How can a guy go from so good in the third to doing every single thing wrong in the fourth? Lob to Brook, not grabbing the rebound on the Warriors last possession, garbage inbound pass, forced three down one with five seconds left. Was incredible.

Honestly, now that Jrue is locked up and we all know Midds isn't going to settle for being the 3rd man, I'd look into trading him. We might be able to get some legit assets for him. Try to dump Brook too but that'll be difficult.

50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, now that Jrue is locked up and we all know Midds isn't going to settle for being the 3rd man, I'd look into trading him. We might be able to get some legit assets for him. Try to dump Brook too but that'll be difficult.

Middleton and donte for Beal ? 

7 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Middleton and donte for Beal ? 

Probably wouldn't get it done. I don't think Middleton is good enough to headline for a 3rd star. I'd rather do something like Middleton to Sacramento for Buddy Hield, Delon Wright and their 2021 1st (top 5 protected).

Reason being is that we're going to have a hard time filling out our depth due to being in the luxury tax so getting a legit draft pick, a shooter and a back-up PG for Middleton works for me.

Edited by beekay414

On 4/7/2021 at 12:24 AM, titans0021 said:

Followed by this performance. Yikes.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Followed by this performance. Yikes.

lol so glad I'm not watching that junk. Another embarrassing 4th quarter. Just unreal how we continue to have the same issues and then we have a dude that has an ego that size of a god damn planet just jacking up **** instead of deferring to the clearly better player.

I hope we trade his ***. Seriously.

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol so glad I'm not watching that junk. Another embarrassing 4th quarter. Just unreal how we continue to have the same issues and then we have a dude that has an ego that size of a god damn planet just jacking up **** instead of deferring to the clearly better player.

I hope we trade his ***. Seriously.

And another fourth quarter where we turn away from Teague and try to close things out with Brook and Pat. Fire Bud, trade Midds and Brook and see where you’re at. Jrue was actually rough tonight too, but obviously he’s not forcing up 27 shots on his rough nights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

And another fourth quarter where we turn away from Teague and try to close things out with Brook and Pat. Fire Bud, trade Midds and Brook and see where you’re at. Jrue was actually rough tonight too, but obviously he’s not forcing up 27 shots on his rough nights.

Need a hard reset. This core ain't gonna get it done, not with that idiot on the bench, anyways.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Need a hard reset. This core ain't gonna get it done, not with that idiot on the bench, anyways.

If you can find it anywhere, it’s worth checking out the foul they called on Jrue with like five minutes left in a one-point game. Bud challenged it and it still stood. If I wasn’t so pissed it would’ve been hilarious.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

If you can find it anywhere, it’s worth checking out the foul they called on Jrue with like five minutes left in a one-point game. Bud challenged it and it still stood. If I wasn’t so pissed it would’ve been hilarious.

I mean, are we surprised they called that? The NBA is the softest league in the world and you are literally not allowed to play defense anymore. Porzingis flat out fell on his own and Jrue was like 5 feet away from him. The fact that that stood just shows me the NBA only cares about determining the outcome. It's a crooked *** league and has been for decades.

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

OMG.  I didn't see that until now.  They let that phantom foul stand even after they took another look?  And the league wonders why they are hemorrhaging fans.  smh

Edited by Pugger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There’s significant pressure on Budenholzer entering this postseason. And while the team dynamics are very healthy at the moment, with players happy with the coaching element and an internal confidence that they are the best team in the East, sources say Budenholzer is likely gone unless there’s a deep playoff run.

But how far do the Bucks need to go for Budenholzer to remain? That’s where it gets a whole lot more nuanced. A first-round loss would be the doomsday scenario, and even a second-round loss would seem nearly impossible for him to survive. From that point on, and even if they faltered in the Eastern Conference Finals or the Finals, all the relevant factors beyond the final outcome would come into play in the Bucks’ decision-making process.

To Budenholzer’s credit, he has implemented the kinds of changes that could pay off in the playoffs. Specifically, his choice to embrace a switching defense has been a change from his past. More importantly, the fact that he installed it early enough that his players could grow comfortable with that style in plenty of time for the postseason is seen internally as a sign of progress. But if Budenholzer is going to be back, the changes simply have to lead to a deep and encouraging playoff run — if not a championship.

• Like 1