MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

https://theathletic.com/2567482/2021/05/05/inside-early-nba-hot-seat-situations-five-coaches-who-need-to-finish-strong-from-the-bucks-to-the-wizards/?source=user_shared_article

So that’s something. Last two games have been glimpses of the ceiling of this team and an actual mix of drop and switching has been encouraging. But I’m glad to see that there’s actual pressure on Bud, because there obviously needs to be.

ESPN keeps showing Durant's back to back missed 3's in their highlights of last night's Bucks-Nets game.  Khrash contests Durant's 3 and then takes off downcourt and leaves KD wide open for a second shot.  Then he finally comes back into the frame all late after the brick had already been rebounded. lol

Nice back to back wins tho.  

Edited by thrILL!

• 1 month later...

My shortlist for who should replace Budenholzer (alphabetical order):

1) Kenny Atkinson (Clippers AC)
2) Chauncey Billups (Clippers AC)
3) Sam Cassell (76ers AC)
4) Becky Hammon (Spurs AC)
5) Phil Handy (Lakers AC)
6) Ime Udoka (Nets AC)
7) Wes Unseld Jr (Nuggets AC)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

6) Ime Udoka (Nets AC)

I don't know anything about NBA coaching prospects but the biggest thing this team needs is mental toughness. 

Giannis and Khris are so mentally soft, Bud exudes absolutely nothing as far as a motivator so I'm sure much of it comes from him. It's like every time we get to this stage of the playoffs, someone figures out how to stop those two, Bud makes no effort to counter that, and then the two of them just get continuously worse as the series goes on.

I won't dedicate any of my time or money to Bucks basketball next year if Bud remains. He's absolutely awful. Coattail rider. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

6) Ime Udoka (Nets AC)

Not sure he fits the time line since he's pretty young but I think Johnnie Bryant would be an excellent hire. He did such a great job under Snyder with player development and then was instrumental in the jumps that Barrett and Randle made this year in NY.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure he fits the time line since he's pretty young but I think Johnnie Bryant would be an excellent hire. He did such a great job under Snyder with player development and then was instrumental in the jumps that Barrett and Randle made this year in NY.

My top 3 are Unseld, Udoka and Hammon.

I also want Edens/Lasry to put the absolute fullcourt press on Masai Ujiri to come run things as our POBO, even if it's a long shot. Wes Edens is one of the major contributors to the Basketball Africa League (BAL), which is something that Ujiri has helped push, so they have a legit working relationship already. Just gonna be tough getting him away from Toronto.

If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if Ime Udoka would jump to the front of the line for our HC spot considering the Nigerian connection that Ujiri, Giannis and Udoka would have. 

That's all probably pipedream but I do know that this is arguably the biggest offseason in franchise history and we need to get it right.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm fine if he sticks around but we need to hire a POBO to take control of the franchise.

They can clean the entire front office idgaf. Horst never should’ve re-signed Middleton (or Connaughton) and could’ve used that allocation of money literally anywhere else. I like Jrue Holiday but too bad it wasn’t enough to put us over the top. I still don’t get what happened with Bogdanovic but that’s whatever.  Even with him, I’m not convinced we’re getting past the 2nd rd. 

18 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

They can clean the entire front office idgaf. Horst never should’ve re-signed Middleton (or Connaughton) and could’ve used that allocation of money literally anywhere else. I like Jrue Holiday but too bad it wasn’t enough to put us over the top. I still don’t get what happened with Bogdanovic but that’s whatever.  Even with him, I’m not convinced we’re getting past the 2nd rd. 

It's not that simple tbqh. How familiar are you with how NBA contracts work? Because we couldn't have let Midds walk and then replace him. We were still over the salary cap. 

What happened with Bogdanovic was, other teams bitched about tampering and the NBA threw a **** fit because they wanted Giannis to leave/they want everything catered to major markets.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:31 PM, beekay414 said:

6) Ime Udoka (Nets AC)

Kenny is coming to Orlando.

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's not that simple tbqh. How familiar are you with how NBA contracts work? Because we couldn't have let Midds walk and then replace him. We were still over the salary cap. 

What happened with Bogdanovic was, other teams bitched about tampering and the NBA threw a **** fit because they wanted Giannis to leave/they want everything catered to major markets.

Agreed. Being in a small market is tough because you have to keep your guys around because you're not likely to find a replacement that's as good in free agency. 

And yeah that was some absolute BS tbh. Klutch and LeBron are recruiting players illegally all of the time and weren't the Warriors begging KD to come to GS right after they lost in the finals?