MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

I have my concerns with Parker (as rcon said, mostly defensively), but if it comes down to paying Jabari or Khris, gimme Jabari. Midds has just frustrated the hell out of me all year. All these garbage isos and contested, mid-range fadeaways combined with a real lack of effort on the defensive end has left me pretty sour.

He had a stretch on Tuesday where, on back-to-back possessions, he grabbed rebounds away from Bledsoe and Giannis, brought the ball down the floor instead of giving it to one of them, and then proceeded to go iso and miss a pair of contested mid-range shots without ever passing the ball. Either the coaches are afraid to tell him what his role should be or he's decided he's going to force himself into every game regardless of what he's told.

Though, in his defense I guess, there's always going to be shots available when you get nothing offensively out of two of your five starters on an every night basis.

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I have my concerns with Parker (as rcon said, mostly defensively), but if it comes down to paying Jabari or Khris, gimme Jabari. Midds has just frustrated the hell out of me all year. All these garbage isos and contested, mid-range fadeaways combined with a real lack of effort on the defensive end has left me pretty sour.

He had a stretch on Tuesday where, on back-to-back possessions, he grabbed rebounds away from Bledsoe and Giannis, brought the ball down the floor instead of giving it to one of them, and then proceeded to go iso and miss a pair of contested mid-range shots without ever passing the ball. Either the coaches are afraid to tell him what his role should be or he's decided he's going to force himself into every game regardless of what he's told.

Though, in his defense I guess, there's always going to be shots available when you get nothing offensively out of two of your five starters on an every night basis.

I'll pass on paying either. Jabari is just pathetic on defense and Midds run too hot and cold for me. We need to invest in a big rim protector who has an offensive game to boot. We need to start realizing how good Giannis is. Stop wasting money on the Delly/Telly/Snell's of the world. If you build around Brogdon/Bledsoe/Giannis/top big and get a 3 & D type wing (honestly this could be Midds if he's willing to take a discount) the bench guys will come chasing the ring. Spend the money on the starting 5. This team needs to find a way to dump Delly and Snell and buyout Telly. Look at our bench and then look at the benches of the elite teams like CLE, GS, SA, HOU, there aren't any contracts like the crap we've given to bench players. As LeBron ages Giannis is going to become that guy, the vets will come, worry about the best 5 you can get.

Also, cutting Thon is a horrible idea. It's his 2nd year in the league, he got beat up by probably one of the best bigs in the NBA last night, big deal. We're not winning anything this year, keep playing him. He definitely needs a lot of S & C work, just like Giannis did. Also it's pretty clear he is a PF being miscast as a C because of the crap we have for bigs.

Yes, cutting a 25/26 year old with no basketball IQ who is also one of the worst players in the league is a horrible idea...

Don't cut him but don't play him either. We aren't the Suns or Nets. He belongs in the G League, not the NBA. 

And if it was only last night, you'd have a point. He gets roasted on a nightly basis. Dude doesn't even average 10 rebounds per 100 possessions. That's absolutely horrible for a 7 footer. 

Edited by bkobow05

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Yes, cutting a 25/26 year old with no basketball IQ who is also one of the worst players in the league is a horrible idea...

Don't cut him but don't play him either. We aren't the Suns or Nets. He belongs in the G League, not the NBA. 

And if it was only last night, you'd have a point. He gets roasted on a nightly basis. Dude doesn't even average 10 rebounds per 100 possessions. That's absolutely horrible for a 7 footer. 

The age thing I'm not going to discuss because I don't know but to assume he's 26 is up to you I guess, seems foolish to me.

I have no problem with him in the G league send him there and play him, but if he's on the roster, you play him. We aren't the Suns or Nets, but we're not the Cavs, Celtics or Warriors either. We're not going to win anything of relevance without a big man and Zeller and Henson are capped out as mediocre players on their best night. Thon is the only player with room for development.

It's also ridiculous that no one on our coaching staff has the brains to play Henson/Zeller and Thon at the same time. Same with Monroe when he was here. Thon is never going to be a banger down low. At his best he's going to develop into a stretch 4 who can run the floor better than most 7 footers and defensively a rim protector who can't be trusted to bang with the bigger centers of the NBA. Unless we see him add a crazy amount of muscle like Giannis. Play a true center and put Thon on the floor as a 4 and see how it works. He's clearly not a center. Only one who can't see that is the coaching staff he currently have.

• Like 1

Only problem with that idea is Giannis and Jabari occupy the 4 spot. Where are the minutes there? Might make sense next year with a new coach and with Jabari elsewhere but it doesn't make sense the rest of this year. 

As far as the age thing...I'm not naive enough to believe he's 20. Not with the evidence that's out there. 

Also, wasting opportunities for wins because "we're not the Cavs" is pretty dumb. You don't become the Cavs or Warriors without building a winning culture and playing your best players. We're beyond the development stage. You use practice, G League or mop up minutes to develop now. LIS, we can't be wasting W opportunities because he MAY end up being something other than horrible some day. Play the guys that actually help you. Henson and Zeller, as mediocre as they are, do just that, help.

Edited by bkobow05

If my options are play Thon 18 minutes per game or cutting him, I cut him without a second thought. Now, I think we all pretty much agree that the best case would be just sending him to the Herd.

But I see nothing in the guy that gives me hope for the future. Terrible hands, no strength, worse than advertised shooter, completely lost on defense, no offensive game, he’s 7 feet tall and can’t even stumble his way into rebounds. I’m not going to say he’s 26, but I’m comfortable saying he’s probably closer to 26 than 20. 

Send him to Oshkosh and pray for a miracle. Letting him waste win opportunities like he has this year isn’t helping anybody. When you can see that the team is significantly better with Tyler Zeller on the floor, it really shouldn’t be a tough call. He’s not getting outplayed by great bigs, he’s a huge downgrade from two competent bigs. In his current form, he has absolutely no role in the NBA.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

McCoy and Robinson are gonna be good. McCoy ate Dusan/Ayton up when we played them.

I would kill for either of them. Robinson's upside is super high but he's also a complete unknown due to what happened at WKU. I like McCoy a lot too. In order of preference, I'm probably McCoy 1, Robinson 2, Wiley 3, Gafford 4 and Porter 5. 

EDIT - I also prefer McCoy to Robinson due to his size. We need a big that can handle NBA 5s. I'm not sure Robinson is strong enough yet. McCoy's nowhere near ready but at least, from a physical standpoint, he's close. Robinson as a rim runner with Giannis though...drool worthy.

EDIT #2 - But man, Robinson's upside is tantalizing. Do want as well.

Edited by bkobow05