MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Boston fan here and watched the game tonight. I am wondering if/when J Parker comes back would it benefit them to have him come off the bench for some scoring punch? I am also wondering if the Bucks are gonna be stuck in the middle now for years because with Giannis being so good, a good lottery pick will not be possible all while getting another true star to help the greek god go deep into the playoffs will be hard to come by. I mean even Lebron and KD couldn't do sheesh without at least 2 other 'star' players.

Edited by resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Boston fan here and watched the game tonight. I am wondering if/when J Parker comes back would it benefit them to have him come off the bench for some scoring punch?

That is almost the universal opinion of Bucks fans at this point. He's too weak defensively to be a true starter, but we definitely need a pure scorer off the bench.

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am also wondering if the Bucks are gonna be stuck in the middle now for years because with Giannis being so good, a good lottery pick will not be possible all while getting another true star to help the greek god go deep into the playoffs will be hard to come by.

I don't think so. It's not that far from being a good team. If Kidd could ever admit that the over-rotating on defense kills our chances on the perimeter and we could add a quality big man that doesn't get abused on the defensive end, it could be a solid team. The shooters aren't bad (assuming Middleton ever wakes up, you've got Khris, Brogdon, Thon, Snell and Delly all capable of hitting 3s) and Giannis can hide a lot of deficiencies. Barring some sort of KD signing miracle, they won't be the Warriors, but not many teams will ever have a chance to replicate that.

They almost certainly won't be in a position to draft a star for a long time, but even trading for a pair like Bledsoe/Chandler would go a long way towards making them a true threat just by adding a competent big and another scorer.

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

that's the main weakness of this defense as-is. needs to be fixed. 

And it has been for a few seasons. It's ridiculous that the staff still can't manage to realize that they need to make adjustments on defense. It worked for a season, hasn't worked since. Kinda similar to that defense up in Green Bay...

11 hours ago, rcon14 said:

I absolutely do not want to minimize the effectiveness of the 2020s Bucks so we can play pretender in 2018. I'm fine bringing in Bledsoe if it means strictly a salary dump. PHX has zero leverage in any negotiation, so under no circumstance would I give up DJ Wilson, Thon, Brogdon, or any first round pick for Bledsoe.

Potentially something of note, Bucks inked Joel Bolomboy to a 2-way deal. Impressive numbers in the G-League last year. Looks like he could be an interesting backup C option like you listed with O'Quinn.

The difference between Bolomboy and O'Quinn is that KOQ is a very solid defender. I mentioned Bolomboy earlier in the thread IIRC as a very good pickup for the Herd. 

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

The difference between Bolomboy and O'Quinn is that KOQ is a very solid defender. I mentioned Bolomboy earlier in the thread IIRC as a very good pickup for the Herd. 

Yeah, I don't have a clue how Bolomboy is as a defender.

4 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

Monroe and 18 first for Bledsoe and chandler. Filler salary if necessary (don’t have trade checker fired up).

Why the **** would we do this?

That first is going to be like #20 or later and we already have 5 draft picks in this draft. No thanks

Bledsoe, Chandler and a 2nd for Brogdon, Monroe and Henson/Telly

Or Bledsoe and Chandler for Maker, Monroe, Telly/Henson, future MIL 1st

You won't like it, but we aren't giving Bled away for nothing...

29 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Why the **** would we do this?

That first is going to be like #20 or later and we already have 5 draft picks in this draft. No thanks

Bledsoe, Chandler and a 2nd for Brogdon, Monroe and Henson/Telly

Or Bledsoe and Chandler for Maker, Monroe, Telly/Henson, future MIL 1st

You won't like it, but we aren't giving Bled away for nothing...

ok find another buyer then, no skin off my back.

the reason you'd do it is to get salary off the books. but we're not gonna give away brogdon on a rookie contract away for eric bledsoe. not for the prices paul george, jimmy  butler, etc went for.

• Like 1