MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

2 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

You won't like it, but we aren't giving Bled away for nothing..

That's fine. But he's just going to waste away not playing basketball then. Nobody is going to give up real assets for a guy that was asked to leave the team and has been publicly bashed as a leader by the GM or a 35 year old center that is still owed $27 million over the next two years. The Suns can ask for Brogdon, but it just isn't going to happen.

I mean, at this point, Bledsoe has been off the team for three days? And the rumors are already dying down outside of the fact that other GMs are just laughing at the current asking price. McDonough has actively torpedoed Bledsoe's value since he sent out that tweet and now they're trying to attach a player that, league-wide, is probably looked at as virtually a net-negative asset. Getting a nice expiring deal, a first, a guy like Vaughn and some salary filler is probably best-case at this point. Unless they're willing to just keep him sitting and deal with the NBPA backlash that will come from that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

That's fine. But he's just going to waste away not playing basketball then. Nobody is going to give up real assets for a guy that was asked to leave the team and has been publicly bashed as a leader by the GM or a 35 year old center that is still owed $27 million over the next two years. The Suns can ask for Brogdon, but it just isn't going to happen.

I mean, at this point, Bledsoe has been off the team for three days? And the rumors are already dying down outside of the fact that other GMs are just laughing at the current asking price. McDonough has actively torpedoed Bledsoe's value since he sent out that tweet and now they're trying to attach a player that, league-wide, is probably looked at as virtually a net-negative asset. Getting a nice expiring deal, a first, a guy like Vaughn and some salary filler is probably best-case at this point. Unless they're willing to just keep him sitting and deal with the NBPA backlash that will come from that.

Exactly.  Phoenix's GM not only crapped the bed, he Harry Dunned it. 

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

“Unless they're willing to just keep him sitting and deal with the NBPA backlash that will come from that.”

What could they do? He asked to be traded. We’re looking for a trade for him. That doesn’t mean we give him away for the first offer.

No, but you're not going to get anywhere near what you think you will...DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmy Butler and Paul George, bonafide stars, didn't even get crazy hauls and that's without the in the media drama that McD has dug himself into. If y'all want to trade for Emmanuel Mudiay or Jamal Murray, go right ahead. Like IG said, no skin of our backs. We're fine and arguably ahead of schedule.

Yea it's not gonna be a great return either way I don't imagine. I would be shocked if he went to Milwaukee if any of Brogdan, Middleton or Maker are going to PHX. 

Maybe Brogdan and Monroe for him and Chandler would kinda be the most I'd see but even then I'm not sure unless Milwaukee really wants to go all in for him. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Yea it's not gonna be a great return either way I don't imagine. I would be shocked if he went to Milwaukee if any of Brogdan, Middleton or Maker are going to PHX. 

Maybe Brogdan and Monroe for him and Chandler would kinda be the most I'd see but even then I'm not sure unless Milwaukee really wants to go all in for him. 

Trust me, if Brogdon was on the table, the deal would be done by now. Thing is, we're not trading Brogdon. The fan base doesn't want it and management doesn't seem to want it. If Phoenix wants Mudiay/Murray and Denver makes a panic trade, that's likely the best they'd do. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9elc4a9

That's a trade that I'd be interested in. 1) It gives us a legit rebounding 5 in Chandler along with Bledsoe. 2) It clears us of all 3 of our "mistake" contracts at solely the expense of DJ Wilson and perhaps a protected 1st. 

I dunno. NBA trades are always hard to predict. Remember the initial reaction to the Boogie trade? Hield and a 1st was all Boogie got and he's a far better player than Bledsoe. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Trust me, if Brogdon was on the table, the deal would be done by now. Thing is, we're not trading Brogdon. The fan base doesn't want it and management doesn't seem to want it. If Phoenix wants Mudiay/Murray and Denver makes a panic trade, that's likely the best they'd do. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9elc4a9

That's a trade that I'd be interested in. 1) It gives us a legit rebounding 5 in Chandler along with Bledsoe. 2) It clears us of all 3 of our "mistake" contracts at solely the expense of DJ Wilson and perhaps a protected 1st. 

I dunno. NBA trades are always hard to predict. Remember the initial reaction to the Boogie trade? Hield and a 1st was all Boogie got and he's a far better player than Bledsoe. 

Yea I didn't really see them trading Brogdan unless they in fact panicked and/or valued Bledsoe very highly. 

NBA trades are extremely hard to predict. Boogie was also in a tough spot and that was $0.30 on the dollar for him so a deal for Bledsoe that's $0.30 won't be all that great. It may very well be contract fluff and a pick or two and by two picks I mean the second pick being a second rounder. 

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I agree with this. The Suns destroyed their leverage by saying he wont play for them again. So other teams know that they are basically forced to move him and wont give up equal assets to try and acquire him

I wonder if the Sixers could package a trade around Okafor + to get him

2 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

“Unless they're willing to just keep him sitting and deal with the NBPA backlash that will come from that.”

What could they do? He asked to be traded. We’re looking for a trade for him. That doesn’t mean we give him away for the first offer.

I would guess that the PA wouldn't be thrilled with a team forcing a player to sit at home while not actively trying to trade him (which if the rumored proposals have any legitimacy, they're not trying to trade him) or waiving him.

I doubt the PA can really do anything of significance beyond making the organization look terrible and making it an undesirable destination for other players.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I would guess that the PA wouldn't be thrilled with a team forcing a player to sit at home while not actively trying to trade him (which if the rumored proposals have any legitimacy, they're not trying to trade him) or waiving him.

I doubt the PA can really do anything of significance beyond making the organization look terrible and making it an undesirable destination for other players.

He'd also have a case because he was a healthy scratch to end the season for something like 20 games last year because they wanted to tank. The Suns have extremely little leverage right now. 

55 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

When the Suns sat Bledsoe at the time most people thought it was a wise move had they eventually looked to trade him.  The Suns were awful and they held out a player in meaningless games that's had a meniscus removed or repaired in both knees.  Nothing will come of it.

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

When the Suns sat Bledsoe at the time most people thought it was a wise move had they eventually looked to trade him.  The Suns were awful and they held out a player in meaningless games that's had a meniscus removed or repaired in both knees.  Nothing will come of it.

Legally...