MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

klay thompson and i'd do it instantly. like i said, those late 1sts don't concern me. we can always buy early 2nds every year and take a flier on one high upside guy (much like the warriors are doing now).

then we'd just have to sign a post D/rebounding/put back kind of center and we'd be set for years to come

3+D guy

klay

middleton

giannis

thon/junkyard dog center

On 8/24/2017 at 6:44 PM, CentralFC said:

In light of the recent trade, put your GM hat on. 

Would you folks have done:

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

- J. Parker (F)
- T. Snell (F)
- M. Brogdon (G)
- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st
- 2020 1st

MILWAUKEE RECEIVES: 
- K. Irving (G)
- 2019 2nd
- 2021 2nd

@bkobow05@IrishGreen

Be gentle -- thoughts?

Absolutely not. I'd actually slam the phone without a response and block your number then report you to the commissioner for spam.

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

^^what are you heartbroken about losing there outside of brogdon? that's the way i look at it.

Well, first off, we can't trade 1st round draft picks in back to back years let alone back to back to back years. Outside of that, I'm not sure whether I'm okay with it or not. I just don't like Kyrie. That's just hard to get around for me.

21 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Well, first off, we can't trade 1st round draft picks in back to back years let alone back to back to back years. Outside of that, I'm not sure whether I'm okay with it or not. I just don't like Kyrie. That's just hard to get around for me.

yea i realize the 1st round pick thing, but just saying in this hypothetical, i don't see anything in there im losing sleep over. brogdon would suck, but snell is JAG, and i'm pretty much completely off the parker bandwagon unless he can accept 6th man type role. 

4 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

yea i realize the 1st round pick thing, but just saying in this hypothetical, i don't see anything in there im losing sleep over. brogdon would suck, but snell is JAG, and i'm pretty much completely off the parker bandwagon unless he can accept 6th man type role. 

Yeah, I know. In order to not lose Middleton, we'd have to do 2018, 2020 and 2022 picks, one would assume. Not even sure if that's legal or not either. Just a hefty price to pay for someone who is going to bail in 2 years. That's my biggest issue. Kyrie isn't staying in Milwaukee come 2019 free agency.

Doesn't matter now though haha

Edited by bkobow05

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, IrishGreen said:

^^what are you heartbroken about losing there outside of brogdon? that's the way i look at it.

I don't want Kyrie Irving. Especially looking at our cap situation going forward, we're going to need some production from our first round picks, so giving them away for a guy who is going to leave, and in the meantime is nothing but a bucket getter doesn't do it for me.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/44717/rumor-central-jabari-parker-seeking-a-max-extension

Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker, as a 2014 NBA first-round draftee, is eligible to sign an extension from his rookie-scale contract up to Oct. 16 at 6 p.m. ET. Despite tearing his left ACL for the second time in three years last February and currently seven months through a 12-month rehab program, Parker believes he's worth a max, five-year extension that could be worth around $148 million.

Bucks beat writer Gery Woelfel writes: "Multiple sources claim Parker will be seeking a contract similar to the one he expected to receive prior to his latest injury."

When asked, agent Mark Bartelstein confirmed he has already talked to general manager Jon Horst about an extension for Parker.

"We have had discussions; there has been dialogue," Bartelstein said. "It's been a positive dialogue. But that's all I can say at this time."

While the Bucks are likely willing to offer an extension, Horst might only go as far as the deal signed by Giannis Antetokounmpo last October that will pay "The Greek Freak" $100 million from 2017-18 through the 2020-21 season.

I...ummm...5 years, $148 million?

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah Bari can go if that's what he wants. 

Yeah, I'm just totally out on that. A healthy Jabari isn't worth $30 million per, a Jabari coming off a second ACL surgery is a total question mark  I'd be super hesitant to give him a 5-year deal of any kind.

• Like 1

I really don't even want Parker back at all. It's obvious he isn't going to take the type of role (scorer of the bench) he's prolly destined for at this point. 

For goodness sake, just trade him for what we can get (or in a package) and move on. It's tough to admit since he was the number 2 pick and so hyped up, but it's sunk cost at this point.