MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Choking in the playoffs & Wisconsin sports. Name a better duo. ugh this sucks.  

Fire Bud.  Fire Horst.  This roster is trash. 

We lost every one of these games, with different teams each year. Hint: It's not the roster.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We lost every one of these games, with different teams each year. Hint: It's not the roster.

I’ve seen people talk about the roster and say that a new coach will only provide an incremental improvement. And it just baffles me. That’s all we need. An incrementally better Bucks team with competent coaching would currently be the favorites to win their second ring in three years. We don’t need to blow it up. We don’t need to rebuild. We just need to be a little better and have a coach that can make even the most minor of in-game adjustments. 

And Giannis needs to figure some things out. He’s literally my favorite professional athlete of all-time, but he takes some of the responsibility too. The bar may be unfairly high, but it’s that high for a reason. That fadeaway against Harden last night was one of the worst individual decisions I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve seen people talk about the roster and say that a new coach will only provide an incremental improvement. And it just baffles me. That’s all we need. An incrementally better Bucks team with competent coaching would currently be the favorites to win their second ring in three years. We don’t need to blow it up. We don’t need to rebuild. We just need to be a little better and have a coach that can make even the most minor of in-game adjustments. 

And Giannis needs to figure some things out. He’s literally my favorite professional athlete of all-time, but he takes some of the responsibility too. The bar may be unfairly high, but it’s that high for a reason. That fadeaway against Harden last night was one of the worst individual decisions I’ve ever seen.

Because most people are pretty stupid and don't realize how much small incremental changes can drastically improve a team. The Warriors, under Mark Jackson, were 98-66 in the two years they made the playoffs. Curry and Klay were the two main pieces of those teams. The next year, Kerr came in, made scheme changes and they became a dominant dynasty. Damn near the exact same roster, with a few changes (Draymond and Barnes starting, Iggy and Lee to the bench) became a juggernaut because of a coaching change. This is why I rarely, if ever, listen to people lol.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Further proof that Bud is a god damn moron with no structure and an inability to adapt. That's about the dumbest basketball I've ever seen. Let's go ISO h2h with a nuclear KD lol. 

I want to win because a title is a title but I REALLY want Bud gone. Like, even if we won the title (we won't), I'd still want him gone.

That second half yesterday, in a career full of playoff disappointments, just might be the low point of Bud’s career. The offense had no plan, no movement. Just nothing. We played Brook over 36 minutes as a defensive liability in the drop and just had him stand on the perimeter offensively while letting the Nets rest whatever player that was 70 pounds lighter and 3-6 inches shorter they wanted to put on him. At least punish them in the post.

And then there’s putting Giannis on great 3-point shooters so he couldn’t even help on KD and instead just stood in the corner for 20 minutes.

Just didn’t think anything could ever surpass the Raptors series but Bud really outdid himself last night.

• Like 2

This is a slumdog millionaire type of season. Impossible to catch more injury luck across the league. Totally disgusting how Bud has railroaded this potential title. 

The utilization of Giannis/offensive game plan is definitely his worst feat. Lopez on D/rotations would be clearly second. I just can't get over some of the small *** that is also terrible. 

As KD was getting off, I thought to myself - only way Bucks win this game is a Middleton walk off. That opportunity presented itself! 25 seconds left, full shot clock and we go for a tie on the road against a great. Super smart. 

I'll say this, with how Bud has treated Portis and Forbes this post-season, neither is opting in on their player options next year. 

Roster, as of right now, for 2021-22...

Jrue Holiday | Elijah Bryant
Donte DiVincenzo | Pat Connaughton | Sam Merrill
Khris Middleton | Jordan Nwora | Thanasis Antetokounmpo (RFA)
Giannis Antetokounmpo | Mamadi Diakite
Brook Lopez