MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

On 6/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, beekay414 said:

I'll say this, with how Bud has treated Portis and Forbes this post-season, neither is opting in on their player options next year. 

Roster, as of right now, for 2021-22...

Jrue Holiday | Elijah Bryant
Donte DiVincenzo | Pat Connaughton | Sam Merrill
Khris Middleton | Jordan Nwora | Thanasis Antetokounmpo (RFA)
Giannis Antetokounmpo | Mamadi Diakite
Brook Lopez

Yeah what’s going on with Bobby buckets? 

37 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Yeah what’s going on with Bobby buckets? 

He wasn't playable vs Brooklyn due to the need to be able to switch off to guard Durant. Lopez got roasted game 5 but was pretty damn huge in that department games 6 and 7 so it worked. Bobby will get minutes vs Atlanta though. Expect Forbes to do so as well.

48 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He wasn't playable vs Brooklyn due to the need to be able to switch off to guard Durant. Lopez got roasted game 5 but was pretty damn huge in that department games 6 and 7 so it worked. Bobby will get minutes vs Atlanta though. Expect Forbes to do so as well.

So, you agreed with the coaching move?  I don’t hate or love Bud, but he has helped in the advancement of this team and Giannis who is all world talent with certain holes in his game. If there is the Bucks’ Kerr out there, he’ll yeah bring him in but you better find someone who can improve a team that is winning a lot of games. Yes, they have yet to win the big one but we still have a lot to hope for this season and the near future. I’ll support the team no matter who is coaching but I will definitely be enjoying the ride.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think Forbes is going to have a tough time again the Hawks. Portis should certainly get some play but I think we still see Tucker hogging up minutes.  Bogdan is a poor match up at SG for someone like Forbes IMO.

16 hours ago, Refugee said:

So, you agreed with the coaching move?  I don’t hate or love Bud, but he has helped in the advancement of this team and Giannis who is all world talent with certain holes in his game. If there is the Bucks’ Kerr out there, he’ll yeah bring him in but you better find someone who can improve a team that is winning a lot of games. Yes, they have yet to win the big one but we still have a lot to hope for this season and the near future. I’ll support the team no matter who is coaching but I will definitely be enjoying the ride.

The move was obvious with how Portis played games 1-4. Bud is fine for teams needing to take another step in the regular season but he's not really built to coach playoff ball. I'd get keeping him around if you weren't sold on the assistants on the market but, when Rick Carlisle comes available, Bud needs to win the title to save his job IMO. I'm obviously going to support the team no matter what. Don't confuse my "sense" of realism/pessimism as not supporting them. Let's just say, the last decade of Wisconsin sports, has taken a bit of my soul and enthusiasm and it shows. Love this franchise but I don't trust them until they actually do it.

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I think Forbes is going to have a tough time again the Hawks. Portis should certainly get some play but I think we still see Tucker hogging up minutes.  Bogdan is a poor match up at SG for someone like Forbes IMO.

I think Forbes will get his regular season spurts on occasion due to his shooting ability. Brooklyn was just a bad matchup for him. He won't get major minutes but he'll be on the floor a bit IMO. Just depends on which Forbes we get.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Any of you cats ever hit up the watch party outside fiserv? I'm debating making the trip from Madison on Friday to check it out. Would I have to get there early to get in line to ensure I can get in?

Yes, if you want a good spot. People have been showing up 3 hours early, especially weekend games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

3hrs prior to tip off? I see they let's ticketed fans in before game and then open to gen pop at tip off. I'd be looking at the latter.

Yeah. That's what I've seen/heard but you can always take your chances. There's plenty of bars in the area to watch if you can't get in. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, beekay414 said:

The move was obvious with how Portis played games 1-4. Bud is fine for teams needing to take another step in the regular season but he's not really built to coach playoff ball. I'd get keeping him around if you weren't sold on the assistants on the market but, when Rick Carlisle comes available, Bud needs to win the title to save his job IMO. I'm obviously going to support the team no matter what. Don't confuse my "sense" of realism/pessimism as not supporting them. Let's just say, the last decade of Wisconsin sports, has taken a bit of my soul and enthusiasm and it shows. Love this franchise but I don't trust them until they actually do it.

I don't know if Bud needs to win the finals to keep his job, but I think he needs to get there.  I'd expect losing the ATL series to cost Bud his job.  A poor showing in the finals would leave him on pretty shaky ground, but I think he'd probably survive.

Edited by Mazrimiv

13 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't know if Bud needs to win the finals to keep his job, but I think he needs to get there.  I'd expect losing the ATL series to cost Bud his job.  A poor showing in the finals would leave him on pretty shaky ground, but I think he'd probably survive.

I think losing to the 76ers may have been alright but losing to the Hawk while favored should lose him his job. 

20 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Depends on how the Bucks look if they get there. If the Suns/Clippers make quick work of them, he's definitely out. If they blow this ECF, he's 100% gone.