MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

From Treske at Behind the Bucks Pass, who's been covering the Bucks for years.  Similar sentiments were expressed by virtually every Bucks beat writer I read in the aftermath of Donte's injury, and I agree with them 100%

The Milwaukee Bucks will be without a key rotation piece in Donte DiVincenzo.

Where the Bucks go now to replace DiVincenzo in the starting lineup is the big questions and there’s a couple of options that they will surely look at.

First, there’s Bryn Forbes, who has surely given the Bucks quite the sharpshooter around their core four players. There’s also Pat Connaughton, who offers up a similar skill set to that of DiVincenzo

Edited by Mazrimiv

This is how Brew Hoop saw it, which more or less summarizes why I initially described Donte as a rich mans Connaughton. 

If you want consistency, then sticking with Connaughton (as Budenholzer did for Game Four of the Miami series) as the replacement starter makes sense. He replicates a lot of (but not all of) what Donte did well, does less of what Donte struggled with, and stabilizes the rotation by keeping both Forbes and Tucker solidified in their current roles. Planet Pat might not raise the ceiling for the Bucks’ chances, but he doesn’t lower the floor either. At least for Game One of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against Brooklyn, this is the option that makes the most sense and presents the least risk.

Edited by Mazrimiv

I don't recall - was Lopez on the floor during the final minutes of the game?   One would think with a lead you would want your best FT shooters out there when you suspect your opponent will foul you.   I prayed no body would purposely foul Giannis there...

Even prior to the Giannis injury, that was a classic lifeless effort from MIL last night.  The injury can be attributed to bad luck.  The loss can be attributed to pathetic effort.  Despite two consecutive years flaming out in the playoffs, this team still hasn't learned how to stay focused.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Even prior to the Giannis injury, that was a classic lifeless effort from MIL last night.  The injury can be attributed to bad luck.  The loss can be attributed to pathetic effort.  Despite two consecutive years flaming out in the playoffs, this team still hasn't learned how to stay focused.

That was the most disappointing part of it. Even before Giannis went out, the effort and execution was just terrible. You have a banged up Hawks team without their best player and THAT'S how you come out? Sign of a team that isn't serious at all. Even Tucker post-game was having none of it and said the team brought no energy or effort at all and didn't want to win the game. 

Can still pull it off though, even without Giannis.

Running pick and roll behind the arc and isolating your best scoring guard on Brook has become the new Giannis wall.

Opposing coach can run it over and over and over with just about a 100% success rate and Bud will never adjust. 

We better win this frickin title because we're stuck with this turd now.

• Like 1

What other options does Bud have to defend the high screen and roll? It seems like he's kind of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Drop Brook and Paul kills you on mid range. Switch it and Paul cooks them from deep. I'm not trying to be snarky, I don't really know the X's and O's on defense well. 

On 7/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

What other options does Bud have to defend the high screen and roll? It seems like he's kind of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Drop Brook and Paul kills you on mid range. Switch it and Paul cooks them from deep. I'm not trying to be snarky, I don't really know the X's and O's on defense well. 

Put Giannis in at 5.