MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

How far into the luxury tax will Milwaukee's owner be willing to go?

Middleton - 4 years, $130 million

Brogdon - 4 years, $50 million

Mirotic - 3 years, $40 million

Lopez - 2 years, $15 million

Is there any word about if/when Brogdon will return?

I posted this in the Backdoor Sweep thread but it means more here...

When I was a kid growing up in Milwaukee, the Bucks won 6 straight division titles.  Sidney Moncrief, Terry Cummings, Ricky Pierce...  We had some really good teams. Those damn Celtics always stood in our way come playoff time.  I remember those games.  I’ve hated them ever since.  LoL

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by thrILL!

On 5/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, thrILL! said:

No it’s not baffling.  If you were to go through this entire thread and the one before it, you would see fans alternate between loving him and hating him desperately wanting to NOT re-sign him.  Stats can be used to tell whatever narrative you want them to.  The guy straight up disappeared for months this season.  He’s not even remotely consistent.  Just bcuz you can make it work cap-wise doesn’t mean you should do it.  I don’t want Beal or Russell.  I just don’t want to pay Middleton $30m+. 

I like Middleton but Beal is a much better player. He and Giannis would be killer

Edited by amac

In many ways, Wednesday's performance was the exclamation point on the sentence "We've arrived!" Milwaukee now has the most 20-point wins (five) through the first nine games of the playoffs in NBA history, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

Man, we're so close. From a 42-40 7th seed last year to best record in the NBA, 52 wins by 10+ points, 5 of 8 wins (9 games) by 20+ points in the playoffs, the NBA MVP and all the momentum in the world carrying us right now. This team is just night and day different than they were last year. Under Kidd, the 3rd and 4th quarters were just horribad gameplans and energy. Under Bud, we're straight kill teams in the 2nd half. 

Such an insane turnaround and it's only the beginning. We have the new face of the NBA and he's only 24. Titles are coming to Milwaukee, soon. Sooner than anyone could've expected. This team is special.

Edited by beekay414

Was in Morocco for the last week and now in Greece, these start times have been pretty rough. Have managed to follow each game live in some form or another at the sacrifice of a whole lot of vacation rest.

Just can’t come out flat in G1 again, will be well rested regardless. Brogdon looked about as good as could be expected after the injury and layoff.

just keep rolling.