MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

On 5/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, thrILL! said:

No it’s not baffling.  If you were to go through this entire thread and the one before it, you would see fans alternate between loving him and hating him desperately wanting to NOT re-sign him.  Stats can be used to tell whatever narrative you want them to.  The guy straight up disappeared for months this season.  He’s not even remotely consistent.  Just bcuz you can make it work cap-wise doesn’t mean you should do it.  I don’t want Beal or Russell.  I just don’t want to pay Middleton $30m+. 

Khris Middleton monthly splits (triple slash, TS%, and per 36 stats)

October (7 games) .495/.549/.871, 69%, 24.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists
November (14 games) .431/.350/.932, 57%, 20.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.8 assists
December (12 games) .385/.299/.811, 49%, 18.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 4.6 assists
January (15 games) .473/.385/.756, 56%, 19 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists
February (10 games) .413/.389/.795, 53%, 20.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists
March (15 games) .449/.375/.846, 56%, 22.8 points, 7.6 rebounds, 5.3 assists
April pre-playoffs (4 games) .478/.357/.857, 58.5%, 32.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, 5.7 assists
Playoffs (9 games) .422/.467/.923, 59.2%, 21 points, 6.6 rebounds, 5 assists

So he had a bad December? Every other month is pretty minimal in terms of his volatility. If you can show me with any meaningful sample that he's any more volatile than any other player that relies on 3-point shooting I would love to see it.

Tack on that he is a switchable defender able to play at the highest level, has added the PU3 to his game with great success, and can be the primary ball handler in non-Giannis post-season lineups? I will take that, yes please.

https://www.brewhoop.com/platform/amp/2019/2/16/18221897/khris-middleton-max-money-milwaukee-bucks-nba-free-agency

From February. I was against giving him more than $25 million but the market is what it is and he's going to get 5/189 or whatever it is. Not sure how much I like the idea of paying a 32/33 year old Middleton $40 million but our hands are tied. 

It gets tricky with Brogdon tho. I want him back but can we afford him if someone throws 4/100 at him?

Mirotic and Hill are gone. Brook gets tricky as hell too. Does he want to keep winning or does he want one more payday? 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

https://www.brewhoop.com/platform/amp/2019/2/16/18221897/khris-middleton-max-money-milwaukee-bucks-nba-free-agency

From February. I was against giving him more than $25 million but the market is what it is and he's going to get 5/189 or whatever it is. Not sure how much I like the idea of paying a 32/33 year old Middleton $40 million but our hands are tied. 

It gets tricky with Brogdon tho. I want him back but can we afford him if someone throws 4/100 at him?

Mirotic and Hill are gone. Brook gets tricky as hell too. Does he want to keep winning or does he want one more payday? 

I don't think anyone would offer him the full max.

No way does Brogdon get that. He won't get anywhere close to an offer like that, especially considering what Dinwiddie just signed for.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:04 PM, seminoles1 said:

I don't think anyone would offer him the full max.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas or LAL did.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:04 PM, seminoles1 said:

No way does Brogdon get that. He won't get anywhere close to an offer like that, especially considering what Dinwiddie just signed for.

Dinwiddie took a damn discount and Brogdon was better than Dinwiddie this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a rebuilding team offers him a ton of money to be a leader. Not like he's a negative on the court. How often you got a shot at signing a 50/40/90 player.

BUT

I hope you're right. Bring em both back. #Dynasty

Edited by beekay414

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas or LAL did.

Dinwiddie took a damn discount and Brogdon was better than Dinwiddie this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a rebuilding team offers him a ton of money to be a leader. Not like he's a negative on the court. How often you got a shot at signing a 50/40/90 player.

BUT

I hope you're right. Bring em both back. #Dynasty

Not after the lessons of the summer of 2016.

I agree Brogdon is better, but not over 2x better. He's a very solid player who would help any team, but my God there is no way anyone offers him $100 million.

I'll gladly eat crow if proven wrong.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol it's kinda crazy to me that we don't even play Brown, Snell and Wilson during the playoffs (despite not being bad players) and our 1st round pick is out for the season. 

Does Brown or Donte have the ability to replace Middleton should MIL not sign him after this year?

Bucks won and covered the spread despite being shooting below expected numbers. MIL was -12 points from 3 from where we'd expect and still won by 8. TOR shot basically as you'd expect (36%) from 3. With season average 3-point shooting, it's a blowout win. Not good news for TOR that they couldn't take advantage of the bad shooting game from MIL.

EDIT: More rigorous analysis shows a 15 point Bucks win if not for slumpy shooting:

https://twitter.com/JacobEGoldstein/status/1128857197041991680

Edited by rcon14

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Does Brown or Donte have the ability to replace Middleton should MIL not sign him after this year?

oh god no

DDV is more of a combo guard and Sterling has basically been benched in the playoffs due to decision making errors.

Edited by rcon14