Jump to content
beekay414

MKE Bucks Thread | Enjoy the door, Midds. You bum.

Recommended Posts

How sad to see the season end this way.  I know we have a game in Toronto yet but if they couldn't hold their home court with the season on the line I have serious doubts they will go into Canada and win there.  :(   GS isn't going to choke like we did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm dead serious when I say Middleton needs to go elsewhere. I don't care about how we replace him. I don't care if it's with DDV and Sterling Brown. I don't care if it's with a washed up old guard. I don't care if it's with Peter Dinklage. He's worthless and will be stealing money from us if we pay him. I'd rather light the money on fire than line his pockets. He's a bum. Only time he remotely showed up is a game where we got our *** kicked. When we needed him? 3-16 with 9 points and 2-9 with 6 points. That's our #2? That's the dude that wants to get friggin' paid? Yeah, right. Screw that noise. 

Edited by beekay414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pugger said:

How sad to see the season end this way.  I know we have a game in Toronto yet but if they couldn't hold their home court with the season on the line I have serious doubts they will go into Canada and win there.  :(   GS isn't going to choke like we did.  

Season end?!?!?!?!  The Bucks are playing Saturday night!  Just take it one game at a time.  The season wasn't on the line tonight, it's on the line Saturday.  Obviously it would have been great for the Bucks to win in Milwaukee, but the Bucks have been a great team all year.  Don't throw in the towel now!!

Come on Puggie!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 6:28 PM, dtait93 said:

Middleton at 30m per is vomit inducing good lord that’s gross. No way I’m locking myself in to that if that’s his demand.

30m per for Middleton looks even grosser now. Milwaukee would be stupid for signing him to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we sure Bud is a good coach? The same thing that was said over and over about Mac and Rodgers look really true about Bud and Giannis. You have a team that literally has dedicated 3-5 guys on the floor to stopping one of your players and you can't adjust? Defensively did we switch to the Jason Kidd help and bail technique because this whole playoffs have been nothing but open 3s for our opponents. Detroit and Boston just missed them, Toronto did too for awhile, now they aren't. Curry and Thompson are probably licking their chops if we somehow pull off a miracle.

The way I see it, for the Bucks to be a championship team, Giannis needs to develop a quality jumper, or his #2 needs to be a tier higher than Middleton. This group isn't good enough. Still Giannis has been a massive disappointment in this series. Game 3 and 5 are a lot to do with him not being the closer that Leonard is as well as Middleton being the same guy he's always been. I hope last night was the nail in the coffin for him being a max player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

30m per for Middleton looks even grosser now. Milwaukee would be stupid for signing him to that.

Yeah, after watching this series I'm capping my offer at $20 million a year, and even that's hard to swallow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are we sure Bud is a good coach? The same thing that was said over and over about Mac and Rodgers look really true about Bud and Giannis. You have a team that literally has dedicated 3-5 guys on the floor to stopping one of your players and you can't adjust? Defensively did we switch to the Jason Kidd help and bail technique because this whole playoffs have been nothing but open 3s for our opponents. Detroit and Boston just missed them, Toronto did too for awhile, now they aren't. Curry and Thompson are probably licking their chops if we somehow pull off a miracle.

The way I see it, for the Bucks to be a championship team, Giannis needs to develop a quality jumper, or his #2 needs to be a tier higher than Middleton. This group isn't good enough. Still Giannis has been a massive disappointment in this series. Game 3 and 5 are a lot to do with him not being the closer that Leonard is as well as Middleton being the same guy he's always been. I hope last night was the nail in the coffin for him being a max player.

Bud's been pretty great at making adjustments all year and up to this series. That being said, Toronto is a vet team with a lot of playoff experience. A lot of our starters are in uncharted territory at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, you constructed this team this way so that teams couldn’t defend Giannis the way the Raptors are. But our shooters have shown no ability to punish them for sending three defenders at Giannis on every drive.

Brook is 10-29 from 3, Middleton is 8-24, Bledsoe is 4-26, Mirotic is 6-31, Ersan is 3-13. We can blame coaching, and I did last night. We can blame Giannis. But when you only have one player making 38% of their threes on a high-volume 3-point shooting team that is consistently getting good looks, a lot of that falls on the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Bud's been pretty great at making adjustments all year and up to this series. That being said, Toronto is a vet team with a lot of playoff experience. A lot of our starters are in uncharted territory at this point. 

I'm done playing the experience card with Milwaukee teams. We're vastly more talented than Toronto and crapping the bed, experience has nothing to do with it. As referenced above, we're not hitting 3s and Bud seems willing to die by that sword without making any adjustments.

Defensively I couldn't tell you what the hell they are doing but it's not the defense I saw in the regular season. It looks like they've reverted back to Kidd's defense. No adjustments there either. 

Shooters aren't hitting shots, no coaching adjustments and our superstar can be rendered mediocre because he has no confidence in his jumper and no one around him that can force a team to adjust the other way. Another year, another WI sports team crumbles when the spotlight gets bright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm done playing the experience card with Milwaukee teams. We're vastly more talented than Toronto and crapping the bed, experience has nothing to do with it. As referenced above, we're not hitting 3s and Bud seems willing to die by that sword without making any adjustments.

Defensively I couldn't tell you what the hell they are doing but it's not the defense I saw in the regular season. It looks like they've reverted back to Kidd's defense. No adjustments there either. 

Shooters aren't hitting shots, no coaching adjustments and our superstar can be rendered mediocre because he has no confidence in his jumper and no one around him that can force a team to adjust the other way. Another year, another WI sports team crumbles when the spotlight gets bright.

Vastly more talented than the Raptors? They are?  The Raptors have been a great team all season. The Bucks went 60-22, while the Raptors went 58-24.  The Bucks and Raptors are both elite teams this season.

In the losses the Bucks have had, the games have been pretty close.  Double overtime and then last night's game, as examples.  Giannis has to play better and I think he will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The way I see it, for the Bucks to be a championship team, Giannis needs to develop a quality jumper, or his #2 needs to be a tier higher than Middleton. This group isn't good enough. Still Giannis has been a massive disappointment in this series. Game 3 and 5 are a lot to do with him not being the closer that Leonard is as well as Middleton being the same guy he's always been. I hope last night was the nail in the coffin for him being a max player.

See, stuff like this is why people hate LeBron.  When they're winning and everything is going good, nobody says this.  But as soon as LeBron led team starts losing, the first thing people do is blame the players around him.  This is the eastern conference finals, my man.  Middleton nor none of the other players are going to hold the weight here.  Giannis is the MVP of the league this year and he damn sure is not playing like it.  @J-ALL-DAY said it in the other thread.  I know you recognize that Giannis needs to play better and he still has a chance to right those wrongs. 

I've literally never seen a collective fan base throw in the towel when the series isn't technically over yet.  I might see a person or two, but this is just crazy to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Vastly more talented than the Raptors? They are?  The Raptors have been a great team all season. The Bucks went 60-22, while the Raptors went 58-24.  The Bucks and Raptors are both elite teams this season.

In the losses the Bucks have had, the games have been pretty close.  Double overtime and then last night's game, as examples.  Giannis has to play better and I think he will.

Yeah the losses have been close and the Bucks have played freaking miserable. They've played probably 6 quarters up to the Bucks level they've shown all year. Game 1 4thQ, Game 2, Game 5 1stQ.

The Raptors don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks playing to their level, but they've been flat out bad for 15 quarters, the series really should be over. Lucky we stole game 1 and have a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yeah the losses have been close and the Bucks have played freaking miserable. They've played probably 6 quarters up to the Bucks level they've shown all year. Game 1 4thQ, Game 2, Game 5 1stQ.

The Raptors don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks playing to their level, but they've been flat out bad for 15 quarters, the series really should be over. Lucky we stole game 1 and have a chance.

The Raptors may not have the horses to compete with the Bucks, but they have THE horse.  Kawhi Leonard is staking his claim as the best basketball player in the world right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, showtime said:

See, stuff like this is why people hate LeBron.  When they're winning and everything is going good, nobody says this.  But as soon as LeBron led team starts losing, the first thing people do is blame the players around him.  This is the eastern conference finals, my man.  Middleton nor none of the other players are going to hold the weight here.  Giannis is the MVP of the league this year and he damn sure is not playing like it.  @J-ALL-DAY said it in the other thread.  I know you recognize that Giannis needs to play better and he still has a chance to right those wrongs. 

I've literally never seen a collective fan base throw in the towel when the series isn't technically over yet.  I might see a person or two, but this is just crazy to me. 

Milwaukee is like a younger Cleveland. We haven't been blowing it for as long, but our teams have taught us to panic and give up because we never get through adversity on top.

Thank goodness for the Packers, although that championship is getting pretty far in the rear view mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

30m per for Middleton looks even grosser now. Milwaukee would be stupid for signing him to that.

Middleton has lost value IMO. Don't think the Bucks will need to max him. In fact I can't see any team doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×