MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He seems like a players coach and a good developmental guy, but sorry I don't see anything to tell me he's an Xs and Os guy.

You certainly can win it all with a guy like Bud, but Brad Stevens built the wall and laid down the blueprint Nurse used to beat the Bucks. Against Boston, Khris, Hill, Pat, Miratic were all hitting 3s, this series they weren't. We needed and adjustment and Bud couldn't deliver. Not to mention whatever the hell that was on defense.

Guys were hitting shots all year... they just didn't fall the last four games.  It's not because the players sucked.... it's could be for several reasons.  1.  The Raptors are an elite team.  2.  The Raptors have an incredible defense.  3.  This is a massive stage and maybe it got the best of some of those guys this time around.  The Pistons and Celtics aren't really that good. 

Guys are missing wide open shots and not making free throws.  Little things like that are huge in a games that were as close as these games were.  I think 3 of the last 4 games came down to the wire. 

The Raptors also have a team packed with guys who have tons of big series experience.  The Bucks gained that experience this year.  It'll help them next time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Guys were hitting shots all year... they just didn't fall the last four games.  It's not because the players sucked.... it's could be for several reasons.  1.  The Raptors are an elite team.  2.  The Raptors have an incredible defense.  3.  This is a massive stage and maybe it got the best of some of those guys this time around.  The Pistons and Celtics aren't really that good. 

Guys are missing wide open shots and not making free throws.  Little things like that are huge in a games that were as close as these games were.  I think 3 of the last 4 games came down to the wire. 

The Raptors also have a team packed with guys who have tons of big series experience.  The Bucks gained that experience this year.  It'll help them next time.

someone still hasn't explained to me why Coach Bud DID NOT play Miratic at all???

Talk about anticlimactic...

incredible season but going out like this is going to take some time to digest.  I really would like to believe that we’re going to make the right moves this offseason but there’s a big part of me that doesn’t trust it.  It’s prolly a hangover from the previous regime but man... I’ve wanted Khrash gone for 2 years now.  I don’t want to give him a dime.  

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

Talk about anticlimactic...

incredible season but going out like this is going to take some time to digest.  I really would like to believe that we’re going to make the right moves this offseason but there’s a big part of me that doesn’t trust it.  It’s prolly a hangover from the previous regime but man... I’ve wanted Khrash gone for 2 years now.  I don’t want to give him a dime.  

I wouldn't even want him back on his player option. Just want him gone. 

• Like 1

I know it’s tough to see your team fall short but you’ll be back. Moments like this will help Giannis become the player he’s destined to become. He’s only 24 years old and is already the best player in the world with huge holes in his game that he can improve tremendously. I’ll be rooting for you guys going forward. 

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Our offense was Giannis driving into that wall, then kicking out, with the floor spaced out poorly so no one was truly open.

Raptors went down 2-0, Nurse adjusted, Bud never figured out anything remotely close to make him counter-adjust and the Raptors ripped off 4 in a row. 

To me Bud is #1 on the blame list. Then Bledsoe, then Middleton, then Giannis. After game 2, the Raptors had the #1 and #2 best players on the floor, you could argue Van Vleet was #3. 

Saw a blurb of "Bud's" post game presser. Since I dont even know the guys name I find it odd calling him Bud :) In any case, the bit I saw seemed to be - probably completely unintentional - a backhanded swipe at the players. He was extolling the talents of Giannis and others and saying "We expect him/them to get better....." (based on age, experience and alike.....) - but given the collapse that had just occurred, his words could be taken as: "The players didnt perform and we expect them to get better so this doesnt happen again...."

I didnt see the entire presser and I'd imagine somewhere in there he took some personal / professional blame that would balance out that impression. 

Just like 2 weeks ago I was thinking you guys had to re-sign Middleton...but now I'm totally against it unless he signs a 1 year deal if he can't find a long-term deal elsewhere.

Mirotic also should not be re-signed. Ilyasova is cheaper and arguably better. Save some money there.

Hopefully DJ Wilson keeps improving his game this summer so he can step in for Lopez. He showed some flashes this year, but needs to get better defensively.

Memphis will take Tony Snell off your hands if you want. We'll give you Avery Bradley, who you can either keep or waive to save $10 million. Just throw in #30 and a 2022 2nd.

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just like 2 weeks ago I was thinking you guys had to re-sign Middleton...but now I'm totally against it unless he signs a 1 year deal if he can't find a long-term deal elsewhere.

Mirotic also should not be re-signed. Ilyasova is cheaper and arguably better. Save some money there.

Hopefully DJ Wilson keeps improving his game this summer so he can step in for Lopez. He showed some flashes this year, but needs to get better defensively.

Memphis will take Tony Snell off your hands if you want. We'll give you Avery Bradley, who you can either keep or waive to save $10 million. Just throw in #30 and a 2022 2nd.

Middleton will get paid....the Nuggets can take him off the Bucks hands

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I think Dallas is going to throw a big deal at him. 

So realistically if we bring Brogdon back and beg Lopez to come back for a modest raise but nothing crazy is there money left to chase a mid-level 3&D forward to start with the 4 we have? I'm not worried about Brogdon replacing Midds, he may not quite be to the level of Midds yet, but he understands his role and that Giannis is and will always be the star of this team. We could use someone who is kind of what we thought Snell was going to be when we paid him.

Then just hope DJ and DD improve, we'll miss Hill for sure, but I know there are vets who could be convinced to play on our bench for less for a title run.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I know it’s tough to see your team fall short but you’ll be back. Moments like this will help Giannis become the player he’s destined to become. He’s only 24 years old and is already the best player in the world with huge holes in his game that he can improve tremendously. I’ll be rooting for you guys going forward. 

Lies 

Edited by renndawg37