MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd still try and blow it up as much as I could keeping Giannis, Parker and Brogdon.

If we have to move Bledsoe and Middleton to dump the contracts of Mirza, Snell, Delly or Henson so be it. Try and get expiring deals.

Over the next two seasons, Telly and Parker our are only FA's. This bench is constructed over overpaid crap on stupid long-term deals and I don't see this team going anywhere while that's true.

Clear some space and hope that Giannis can attract 1-2 big name guys in FA in the 2020 season.

Will never happen. 

Yea this team is going nowhere if it looks remotely close to this. To believe otherwise is delusional (I have lots of friends who believe that this team is someone going to be good, so it’s seems to be a popular belief). 

Fact is, we have Giannis..  and then after that one of the worst benches in the entire league, Middleton who fits horrendously with this team and just doesnt seem to get it, and a bunch of money committed to starters like Henson and Snell who are nba bench players at best. Parker is promising, but he’s coming off two torn ACLs, his defense is still questionable, and we now have to pay him a ton of money or lose him. On top of all this, were on of the worst 3P shooting teams in the league, when being a good 3P shooting team is crucial in this day and age.

We got excited a few years ago making the playoffs when we weren’t supposed to, and that stunted our ability to acquire talent through the draft and made us believe we were closer than we were. 

Good coaching might make us a 4 seed type team, but is that what we want? I don’t want to become the next Clippers, personally.

just jaded because we have arguably the best top young player in the nba (next to Anthony Davis) and we’re surrounding him with a lottery roster. So many stupid decisions made that posters on here wouldn’t make. 

One of the highest payrolls in basketball and this is our results. There’s no plausible defense of it 

11 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Yea this team is going nowhere if it looks remotely close to this. To believe otherwise is delusional (I have lots of friends who believe that this team is someone going to be good, so it’s seems to be a popular belief). 

Fact is, we have Giannis..  and then after that one of the worst benches in the entire league, Middleton who fits horrendously with this team and just doesnt seem to get it, and a bunch of money committed to starters like Henson and Snell who are nba bench players at best. Parker is promising, but he’s coming off two torn ACLs, his defense is still questionable, and we now have to pay him a ton of money or lose him. On top of all this, were on of the worst 3P shooting teams in the league, when being a good 3P shooting team is crucial in this day and age.

We got excited a few years ago making the playoffs when we weren’t supposed to, and that stunted our ability to acquire talent through the draft and made us believe we were closer than we were. 

Good coaching might make us a 4 seed type team, but is that what we want? I don’t want to become the next Clippers, personally.

just jaded because we have arguably the best top young player in the nba (next to Anthony Davis) and we’re surrounding him with a lottery roster. So many stupid decisions made that posters on here wouldn’t make. 

One of the highest payrolls in basketball and this is our results. There’s no plausible defense of it 

I mean I get that Giannis wasnt anywhere near where he is now in past years, but I just wish our FO looked at things rationally and slow played this.

LeBron is still the king of the East and Golden State the power of the West, we weren't going to sniff a title from 2015-2017. Instead of overpaying for Delly, Telly and Snell we should've been looking for short term bargains that fit the roster. Now in a year or two when LeBron regresses and the Warriors fall apart we could've had Giannis and Jabari locked up with room to sign the 3rd.

Now we'll probably lose Jabari and be left with the pile of garbage we have on the bench making close to 40 per.

Things need to change fast or the recruitment for Giannis is only going to get worse.

1 hour ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Idk. I’m still optimistic. Frustrated, yes. But I’ll still remain optimistic because I think we can go toe to toe with any team and win in the east when we play right. 

Beyond the obvious concern (center), I also am really hoping they don't view Prunty as the long-term guy. I prefer him to Kidd, but he's shown that he's just as completely incapable of drawing up competent offensive plays in close games late. It's just hand the ball to Giannis and hope that he can somehow get a basket. 

I don't know though. I'm trying to not let three games get me too down, but there's a lot of reason for concern. I'm really worried that Kidd left us with one final parting gift by playing Giannis 40+ minutes in 15 point games early in the season and that he's really going to wear down as we hit March and April.. He has not looked nearly the same these last few games. Which yeah, could also obviously just be a slump.

I think this is a team that's built to be a four seed. Try to ship out Middleton for a center, hope you can find a couple shooters and I think you probably have to pay Jabari. And try to hit a HR at head coach. If they stand pat this offseason and bring back Prunty, that'll tell me all I need to know.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Beyond the obvious concern (center), I also am really hoping they don't view Prunty as the long-term guy. I prefer him to Kidd, but he's shown that he's just as completely incapable of drawing up competent offensive plays in close games late. It's just hand the ball to Giannis and hope that he can somehow get a basket. 

I don't know though. I'm trying to not let three games get me too down, but there's a lot of reason for concern. I'm really worried that Kidd left us with one final parting gift by playing Giannis 40+ minutes in 15 point games early in the season and that he's really going to wear down as we hit March and April.. He has not looked nearly the same these last few games. Which yeah, could also obviously just be a slump.

I think this is a team that's built to be a four seed. Try to ship out Middleton for a center, hope you can find a couple shooters and I think you probably have to pay Jabari. And try to hit a HR at head coach. If they stand pat this offseason and bring back Prunty, that'll tell me all I need to know.

The only thing you don't need to worry about this franchise going forward is having Prunty named HC. I think we'd have to get to the ECF for that to happen.