MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Going to lose by 15 on a night in which Giannis goes 34-8-8-3-1 on 15-22 shooting. Fine work supporting cast.

This team is bad. Our bigs are atrocious and, if Midds ain’t hitting, we’re done. 

We have no starting 5 and we get roasted inside. It’s gonna happen til we address it. 

4 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

The amount of wide open 3s missed was troubling.

This is what has really stuck out the first two games. Giannis is going to be handing out a ton of open looks from 3, guys like Brogdon, Snell, Midds and even Delly and Telly to a lesser extent need to take advantage. Giannis has probably lost 6 or 7 assists these first two games because the guys aren't capitalizing when he draws the entire defense in on him.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

This team is bad. Our bigs are atrocious and, if Midds ain’t hitting, we’re done. 

We have no starting 5 and we get roasted inside. It’s gonna happen til we address it. 

Monroe was just so bad tonight. He's not a good defender, obviously, but this was worse than I think he's looked on that end since 2015-16. Just so slow to react and couldn't contest anything.

The biggest and most obvious problem is that the defense can only work when Giannis is on the floor, and the system itself is designed to make him run everywhere, so we're just draining him a ton on that end while also continuing to up his usage rate offensively. We're going to run him into the ground while also needing him to play 35+ minutes a night if we hope to win.

Some of the stuff is fixable. Middleton won't be this bad and hopefully Thon continues to grow. But it's real unfortunate to see this team have such a clear cap because of Kidd when you've got a 22-year-old MVP type player. And, because of Giannis and playing in the East, we're going to win at least 45 games. A chance to maybe even make a run at 50. Which means that Kidd's job is virtually guaranteed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

The third quarter is when we get roasted. I don’t understand why it continues to be a problem. 

I mean the 3rd Q wasnt that bad, we were neck and neck and then Korver hit 3 straight 3s. At the end of it Kidd benched Giannis and Brogdon.

Then we played over half the 4th with a lineup of Delly, Midds, Sterling Brown, Monroe and I can't remember the last guy. Anyway with LeBron and Love getting rest for the late 4th push, we still surrendered like 6-8 more pts. It was like after Korver hit the 3s Kidd gave up and put all his backups in.

I hate his rotations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just posted that Giannis should be higher on he thread of top 15 players. WTF he is now on my top dawg for 2018 MVP. BTW Giannis' stats are actually even better when factoring FG pct. Holy sheesh.

38.3 PPG on 67.2% shooting when teams know he doesn’t have a jumper lol. Hell of a start.