MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I wonder how legit it is. If true, we're the ones that forced the Celtics hand, because that's easily the second best offer I've seen realistically floated around for Irving.

I'm just not a Kyrie fan. Think his style of basketball is frustrating as hell. He's basically an undersized 2 guard with handles. I get that he would give us go to scoring and a whole different look at PG but I couldn't fathom losing both Middleton and Brogdon. 

That would've ended up with a lineup of Kyrie, Snell, Giannis, Thon and then someone who shouldn't be starting at the 2/3 depending on where they would've plugged Snell. No thanks to that. Would much rather let this group just grow together. 

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm just not a Kyrie fan. Think his style of basketball is frustrating as hell. He's basically an undersized 2 guard with handles. I get that he would give us go to scoring and a whole different look at PG but I couldn't fathom losing both Middleton and Brogdon. 

I think there's a chance it could have made us a better team in 2017/18  But not significantly and not in a way that we'd realistically be competing with the Cavs anyways. Brogdon and Middleton just fit too well with Giannis. Even if Brogdon eventually shifts to more of a sixth man role if we add a better PG down the line, his value should always be there.

I wouldn't have been horribly upset with that trade, but I would have been a bit disappointed. The scoring would have definitely been nice, but the offense needs to run through Giannis. Plus Middleton is only 26 and has a game that should age well. Unlike some of the potential moves (Rose), I do understand the thought process at least. Pairing Giannis with a truly elite scorer could have been fun to watch. But I don't think the added scoring balances out the defensive losses of Middleton/Brogdon long-term.

Extremely glad that we avoided Kyrie. Also, BOS neutered themselves for the 2020s assuming they commit to Kyrie long-term. After not giving up the Nets pick for Butler or PG13, they gave it up for a guy who does literally nothing for you aside from get buckets (albeit at a high level).

• Like 1

These are the following players the Herd acquired in the G League Expansion Draft...

1. Gracin Bakumanya | C | 6'11" 220 | 20 Years Old | Congo
  2. Kyle Casey | SF | 6'7" 225 | 26 Years Old | Harvard
  3. Josh Davis | F | 6'8" 216 | 26 Years Old | San Diego State
  4. Michael Dunigan | C | 6'10" 245 | 28 Years Old | Farragut Academy
  5. Perry Ellis | F | 6'7" 216 | 23 Years Old | Kansas
  6. Tyler Harvey | G | 6'4" 195 | 24 Years Old | Eastern Washington
  7. Vince Hunter | F | 6'8" 218 | 23 Years Old | UTEP
  8. Cady Lalanne | C | 6'9" 242 | 25 Years Old | UMass
  9. James Siakam | SF | 6'7" 225 | 25 Years Old | Vanderbilt
  10. Jarvis Summers | G | 6'3" 180 | 24 Years Old | Ole Miss
  11. Corey Walden | PG | 6'2" 195 | 25 Years Old | Eastern Kentucky

You acquire their rights for two years so that doesn't mean all these guys are actually going to be on the team. Some may or may not be in Europe or China, etc.

Edited by bkobow05

eh i'm not even a massive kyrie fan, but he would've been a good fit for this team. get rid of parker and we have the type of defense/defensive players to make up for some of kyrie's deficiencies. 

we still desperately need someone to breakdown a defense on this team besides giannis. i'm not an iso ball guy, but you still need to do it on occasion, and we have no one outside of giannis who can do it. the numbers speak to that. his shooting would've been very, very much welcomed too.

i definitely wouldn't have traded away the farm for kyrie, but i would've done that deal (though no more). however, it sounds like that proposal might've been fake anyways. prolly never know.

i like our team (minus guys like henson), but we still need another major guy. we have to figure out how to find that. parker isn't it (sadly).

In light of the recent trade, put your GM hat on. 

Would you folks have done:

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

- J. Parker (F)
- T. Snell (F)
- M. Brogdon (G)
- 2018 1st
- 2019 1st
- 2020 1st

MILWAUKEE RECEIVES: 
- K. Irving (G)
- 2019 2nd
- 2021 2nd

@bkobow05@IrishGreen

Be gentle -- thoughts?

Edited by CentralFC

^^I probably would've just because I think Kyrie is a great fit for our team. Like one of the best fits in the league. Those 1sts will prolly be late, and Brogdon is the only player in that deal id hate to lose. 

That said, think we could've gotten someone like Jimmy Butler for even cheaper (which makes me mad). 

We definitely need to make some strong stuff plays for #2s behind Giannis. I think Middleton can be our 3rd guy and brogdon/thon 4th, but we need that George/Butler/Kyrie level acquisition. So I'm all for doing it in almost any way possible. 

@CentralFC