MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

People can talk all they want about how the old-school center spot is obsolete, but until this team finds a rim protector that can actually bang inside, they're always going to struggle. Horford with 26 and 8 on 13-17 shooting and Baynes putting up 8 and 7 in 15 minutes.

I've gone back to wanting to keep Middleton unless we're getting real value for him. Came up big all series and this team can't afford to lose his shooting. Bledsoe, gone. Jabari, gone. Thon, gone. Hope you can get rid of at least two of Henson/Snell/Delly. I'm fine with the core three being Giannis, Midds, Brogdon. Everybody else can leave. Please.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

People can talk all they want about how the old-school center spot is obsolete, but until this team finds a rim protector that can actually bang inside, they're always going to struggle. Horford with 26 and 8 on 13-17 shooting and Baynes putting up 8 and 7 in 15 minutes.

I've gone back to wanting to keep Middleton unless we're getting real value for him. Came up big all series and this team can't afford to lose his shooting. Bledsoe, gone. Jabari, gone. Thon, gone. Hope you can get rid of at least two of Henson/Snell/Delly. I'm fine with the core three being Giannis, Midds, Brogdon. Everybody else can leave. Please.

i mean horford isn't really an old school center though. 

we just don't have any good players at the 5 right now, period. prime kevin garnett at center in this league would be perfect though. 

Just now, IrishGreen said:

i mean horford isn't really an old school center though. 

we just don't have any good players at the 5 right now, period. prime kevin garnett at center in this league would be perfect though. 

Horford definitely isn't an old school center, but man did he beat us in an old school center way tonight. Just give it to him on the post and watch him abuse Thon 5,000 times inside.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Horford definitely isn't an old school center, but man did he beat us in an old school center way tonight. Just give it to him on the post and watch him abuse Thon 5,000 times inside.

true. 

and don't get me wrong, i want someone like baynes on our bench. you still need to have those options when you play those guys, but ultimately i don't want some offensive center clogging the paint all the time. all you need is a guy who can guard the post and grab a rebound. 

in a perfect world, someone like al horford is available as a starter, but that's obviously not happening