MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't follow basketball, but this is already at least a state-wide story. Saw it from the Journal Sentinel and heard about it at work.

This is going to be a national story when the footage is released.

Yeah, it's going to be bad. Just googled Sterling Brown to look up the JS story and see which officer was quoted in church and saw that, just today, the NYT, Washington Post and CNN have stories up on their site about it. If the footage is bad enough that the mayor and higher ups in the PD are preemptively talking about how it looks, I can't imagine this ending well.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, it's going to be bad. Just googled Sterling Brown to look up the JS story and see which officer was quoted in church and saw that, just today, the NYT, Washington Post and CNN have stories up on their site about it. If the footage is bad enough that the mayor and higher ups in the PD are preemptively talking about how it looks, I can't imagine this ending well.

Video released. It's real bad.

1 hour ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Is it really, though?

You could make an argument that it could’ve been worse if there weren’t four officers blocking the camera when he was taken down and tased. But yeah, it’s bad. Definitely bad.

And with that, I’m going to step away from the conversation since it’s almost impossible for it to not drift into against forum rules territory.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Is it really, though?

From the short guy with the glasses who shows up and keeps making Brown's alarm go off, then all of a sudden after 8 minutes of him having his hands in and out of his pockets decided that it's going to be a problem, yeah. That guy should be fired.

The initial officer copped a bit of an attitude, but Brown did with him as well so I think both are at fault there. Then the 8 cars coming for backup is your typical WI thing at night. I've had that happen to in school at Oshkosh quite a few times, our taxpayer dollars at work there. 

I don't know why a bunch of higher ups got suspended and it seems like the idiot who actually instigated everything barely got anything. Short guy with glasses should be fired, he's clearly got a small man complex to go with potentially some other views that make him an awful choice as a cop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 9:46 AM, Packerraymond said:

From the short guy with the glasses who shows up and keeps making Brown's alarm go off, then all of a sudden after 8 minutes of him having his hands in and out of his pockets decided that it's going to be a problem, yeah. That guy should be fired.

The initial officer copped a bit of an attitude, but Brown did with him as well so I think both are at fault there. Then the 8 cars coming for backup is your typical WI thing at night. I've had that happen to in school at Oshkosh quite a few times, our taxpayer dollars at work there. 

I don't know why a bunch of higher ups got suspended and it seems like the idiot who actually instigated everything barely got anything. Short guy with glasses should be fired, he's clearly got a small man complex to go with potentially some other views that make him an awful choice as a cop.

It's worth noting that this was over a parking ticket. Every bit of this confrontation was unnecessary. 

If people who go on and on about how dangerous being a policy offer is weren't so busy getting reflexively defensive over this, they'd actually argue that this could have been solved through the mail. Cop gets plates, cop runs plates, cop sees current address, takes photo, writes ticket, go home. No interaction required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's worth noting that this was over a parking ticket. Every bit of this confrontation was unnecessary. 

If people who go on and on about how dangerous being a policy offer is weren't so busy getting reflexively defensive over this, they'd actually argue that this could have been solved through the mail. Cop gets plates, cop runs plates, cop sees current address, takes photo, writes ticket, go home. No interaction required.

In defense of the cop, that's a rough neighborhood and I don't have any problem with him sticking around to make sure some sort of robbery wasn't occuring.

When he sees Brown with the Walgreens bag then it should've been as simple as you stated.