MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

19 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

I get that point, but we're last in rebounding, last in o rebounding, 25th in net rebounding, and our entire is regularly getting killed (although, once again, it's hard to measure when the whole defense is a mess).

The other issue is we're not going to be able to pay everyone right now. Between Parker, Brogdon, Middleton, and Bledsoe, we're going to have to make some decisions. IMO, you get rid of the one you like the least along with two bad contracts and see how it plays out with DAJ. 

Like I said, I get the case for not needing a DJ in today's NBA, but he was still really good last season, and we really don't have much to lose. This is all based on the hypothetical that they'd take players like henson, tele and/or delly back. 

Because right now, we're headed for cap hell, and this roster is nowhere near competing for a championship, even with much better coaching. 

The rebounding is more of a product of putting no effort in offensive boards. Adding DAJ doesn't get you closer to a championship. If we're moving someone because of contract implications in the future, it should be Jabari, not Khash.

Also, the Bucks have completely overhauled their defensive scheme. Significantly more switching and far less trapping. Basically the more conservative scheme we've been telling htem they should run for like 3 years. I don't want to really give the coaches much credit, considering it took them 3 years for them to figure out pretty obvious NBA trends.

Apparently they want two of brogdon, henson and Middleton, maybe all 3. 

Tough call on who to give up between brogdon and midds if that’s the case... but for deandre, I’d do it. 

Midds is the better player but odds are he bolts for fa, so I’ll take brogdon on that rookie deal. 

But having a starting lineup of

eb, midds, snell, giannis and dj would be nice. especially on d. 

4 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Also, the Bucks have completely overhauled their defensive scheme. Significantly more switching and far less trapping. Basically the more conservative scheme we've been telling htem they should run for like 3 years. I don't want to really give the coaches much credit, considering it took them 3 years for them to figure out pretty obvious NBA trends.

If they haven't switched back to the garbage system in a month, I will be more than happy to give the coaches credit, even if it took way too long.

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

How do Buck fans feel about this trade?

Vaughn + Brogdon + first round pick for one of Sabonis/Tyler

Vaughn is thrown in to match salary.  Sabonis has 2+1 on his deal (team option) and Tyler has 2 years on his deal.  Both are good three point shooters and decent rebounders who can run.   Both would play very well next to Giannis and gives you guys a young and up and coming star at a difficult position to fill, especially while building around Giannis and his lack of shooting.

Bledsoe - Snell - MIddleton - Giannis - Sabonis/Tyler

Seems like a pretty legit starting five.  Only thought is that Pacers probably will want more.

I'm assuming you mean Turner? I mean, I like Turner, but the thing is is that any NBA Finals lineup the Bucks have in the future that they'd use in crunch time will have Giannis at C. They need to construct their roster accordingly. Don't put big resources into the center position, focus on perimeter players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

you guys need a tough minded defensive guard like Smart. Smart for Brogdon. 

Deal??

Lol. The last thing we need is Marcus Smart.

Anyways, nice to see that we didn't get embarrassed and Giannis put up 40. Team needs a rim protector and rebounding big so bad. Celtics with a 16-rebound edge and roughly 60 points in the paint tonight.