MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I'd be more than okay with this. Middleton is starting to rub me the wrong way. 

He just seems completely unwilling to accept the role that he needs to play on this team. Exerts way more energy on offense than he should ever have to when he should primarily just be a spot-up shooter and has been ridiculously lazy on the defensive end. When he's on, he makes the team so much better, but with the way he plays, we almost have no chance in any game where he's off.

With that said, I'm still hesitant to deal him. Losing his shooting will hurt a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He just seems completely unwilling to accept the role that he needs to play on this team. Exerts way more energy on offense than he should ever have to when he should primarily just be a spot-up shooter and has been ridiculously lazy on the defensive end. When he's on, he makes the team so much better, but with the way he plays, we almost have no chance in any game where he's off.

With that said, I'm still hesitant to deal him. Losing his shooting will hurt a lot.

All depends on the plan with Parker. I think Parker is just as good of a shooter as Middleton, and seems to be more willing to play off ball. 

If you're going to pay Parker, I have no problem getting rid of Middleton, but get rid of someone like Henson in the process. Some of this is down to money issues. We can't afford everyone. 

I get the argument against getting a traditional center, but I really do believe we have 2-3 more wins right now swapping henson for jordan. even with kidd's crap coaching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishGreen said:

All depends on the plan with Parker. I think Parker is just as good of a shooter as Middleton, and seems to be more willing to play off ball. 

If you're going to pay Parker, I have no problem getting rid of Middleton, but get rid of someone like Henson in the process. Some of this is down to money issues. We can't afford everyone. 

I get the argument against getting a traditional center, but I really do believe we have 2-3 more wins right now swapping henson for jordan. even with kidd's crap coaching

I don't know if Parker is as good of a shooter, or really can be as good of a shooter as Khris. That's not really a knock on Jabari, Khris is just a damn good shooter. As much as I complain about the types of shots Middleton can often settle for, his mid-range game is pretty impressive. He's having a down year from three, but his first four years were 41.4%, 40.7%, 39.6% and 43.3% from distance. If his shot selection was better (in other words, not constantly looking to put up a shot whenever he gets the ball since his touches are down due to the Bledsoe trade), he could be a damn good shooter.

With that said, you touched on the main reason I'd be willing (though hesitant barring a trade similar to what you mentioned, landing two quality players and getting rid of a bad contract) to deal him. He can add a lot to this team, but I have absolutely no interest in giving him the kind of contract he's likely to receive after next year. Not unless he has an attitude change where he accepts his role offensively and goes back to giving a damn defensively. 

• Like 1

Typical ******* Bucks big game. Can't EVER put together a 4 quarter game and that's a pure reflection on the coaching staff. I'm beyond done with Jason Kidd, man. We BETTER make some damn changes this offseason. There's no reason we should be 22-19 with Giannis having the season he's having.

Oh and I'm more than willing to trade Middleton. Another case of a dude thinking he's more than what he is. That almost always happens with this team (Brandon Jennings...Brandon Knight...Michael Carter-Williams...now Middleton). Would love it if we had a coaching staff and players that just fit their roles and stopped being dumb.