MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Just struggling to figure out a solution at this point. Short of finding an actual GM through something resembling an actual search (rather than last year's farce) and pairing him with an actual NBA head coach, I'm just lost. Which man, with the way things looked early and the new arena opening, is a really, really bad feeling. Jabari is still just lost defensively. I tried to convince myself it was a little better this year, but nah. Need to be able to turn him into an asset now that we're losing our first. Whatever. Hurts to absolutely throw away a season of Giannis with this group, front office and coaching staff.

jabari is sunk cost at this point. he has no place on this team (as much as it hurts to say)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

jabari is sunk cost at this point. he has no place on this team (as much as it hurts to say)

There's just no way I could commit to him long-term. As good as he can be offensively, I'm not sure he can be more than a net neutral with just how absolutely clueless he is on the defensive side. Which really is a shame, but hopefully somebody buys into the potential and we can, as seminoles said on the last page, at least flip him and a bad contract for something resembling a real asset. If you could do the same thing with Middleton (probably not as optimistic about any sort of actual return if we're attaching a bad deal to him), you're at least giving yourself a chance to chase a max FA in 2019 to pair with Giannis, a new coach and the new building.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There's just no way I could commit to him long-term. As good as he can be offensively, I'm not sure he can be more than a net neutral with just how absolutely clueless he is on the defensive side. Which really is a shame, but hopefully somebody buys into the potential and we can, as seminoles said on the last page, at least flip him and a bad contract for something resembling a real asset. If you could do the same thing with Middleton (probably not as optimistic about any sort of actual return if we're attaching a bad deal to him), you're at least giving yourself a chance to chase a max FA in 2019 to pair with Giannis, a new coach and the new building.

This would take an actual basketball mind, and not a stooge, as our General Manager to accomplish. Jon Horst is over here playing NBA 2K thinking we have a viable roster just because 4/5 of our starting lineup are rated highly. 

We need a smaller reset to construct this roster with a modern NBA mindset and to eliminate the toxic culture Kidd instilled. You get rid of hot shot Middleton and you find a viable big man and I think we are on the right path. We NEED to find a way to get Tony Snell's contract out of here though. The dude literally does nothing and he's making ~$12 Million. I can live with Delly and Henson because at least they are visible on the court.

Edited by bkobow05

How about Parker, in an S&T and Tony Snell to Brooklyn for DeMarre Carroll and Jeremy Lin? Most likely a $30 million for $26 Million swap. Doesn't give us cap room but it gives us viable NBA players in return.

Then trade Middleton and Henson to Dallas for Wes Matthews and pick #34 (Brandon McCoy) in 2018 NBA draft

Sign KOQ with whatever space we have.

And whatever else we fill out the roster with...maybe bring back LRMAM and Ersan on vet deals.

Bledsoe - Lin - Delly
Matthews - Brogdon - Brown
Carroll - LRMAM - Wilson
Giannis - Ersan - Thon
KOQ - Zeller - McCoy

Bledsoe, Brogdon (re-sign), Matthews, Carroll, Zeller and Lin all expire after 2018-2019 so it gives us a ton of cap space.

I think that's how we need to approach this offseason. Get money off the books and give us a fresh start in 2019 to build around Giannis with viable basketball minds calling the shots. 2018-2019 is a lost season already based on what we have now so screw it. 

Edited by bkobow05

20 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I think that's how we need to approach this offseason. Get money off the books and give us a fresh start in 2019 to build around Giannis with viable basketball minds calling the shots. 2018-2019 is a lost season already based on what we have now so screw it. 

Yeah, I can't imagine a situation where we clear enough money to be aggressive this offseason barring some sort of miracle. It's sad to head into next year with low expectations, but big crowds and Giannis should make it survivable. Everything should be done to free up as much space as possible for 2019. Giannis with two more years on his deal at that point should be a huge draw in free agency.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a situation where we clear enough money to be aggressive this offseason barring some sort of miracle. It's sad to head into next year with low expectations, but big crowds and Giannis should make it survivable. Everything should be done to free up as much space as possible for 2019. Giannis with two more years on his deal at that point should be a huge draw in free agency.

So you agree that my train of thought here isn't far off? 

I know we don't get a viable young piece for Jabari but I don't believe we will. Yes, NBA GMs are stupid sometimes but that's hard to predict so I did my best.

Edited by bkobow05

9 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

How about Parker, in an S&T and Tony Snell to Brooklyn for DeMarre Carroll and Jeremy Lin? Most likely a $30 million for $26 Million swap. Doesn't give us cap room but it gives us viable NBA players in return.

Then trade Middleton and Henson to Dallas for Wes Matthews and pick #34 (Brandon McCoy) in 2018 NBA draft

Sign KOQ with whatever space we have.

And whatever else we fill out the roster with...maybe bring back LRMAM and Ersan on vet deals.

Bledsoe - Lin - Delly
Matthews - Brogdon - Brown
Carroll - LRMAM - Wilson
Giannis - Ersan - Thon
KOQ - Zeller - McCoy

Bledsoe, Brogdon (re-sign), Matthews, Carroll, Zeller and Lin all expire after 2018-2019 so it gives us a ton of cap space.

A 33 year old Carroll for Parker? No thanks. I'd rather keep him. 

I wouldn't be a fan of this at all. Kyle O'Quinn isn't the answer we need at center. If we're moving Parker and Middleton, we better be improving the center position. Not interested in old Matthews and Carroll and I doubt Giannis would be too thrilled with that either. I mean I get the point that you're trying to clear cap for 19-20, but that lineup isn't generating any excitement going into the new building. 

I'm trying to get DeAndre Jordan still if I'm the Bucks. That's who I trade Middleton/Henson+ for.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel. I do know that I want to get rid of mids. I'm ok on losing parker. 

The only 2 players I'd be upset that wouldn't be on the team is Bledsoe and Giannis. I wanted to type Brogdon too, but if the right deal comes along?

What about mid, brogdon, thon 1st for Kawhi?

Edited by Herbie_Hancock

44 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

I’d try to dump as many contracts as I can this offseason. Use Middleton/Parker to get rid of henson, Snell, and delly. That should be easily doable. 

Agreed on the focus on FA 2019. 

You're leaving 2 years to get it right or Giannis leaves. It's a risky proposition. I'm fine with going for 2019 but I want a big man on a short term deal coming back. That leaves DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler as the best targets. We can't just dump Middleton and Parker with Snell/Henson and get nothing noteworthy in return and say "here's the building you guys paid 250m for." 

They're in a tough spot this year with the lack of cap space, picks and a stadium opening. Casual fan isn't going to accept putting a lesser team on the court and looking toward 2019 and I'm not sure Giannis will either. We might just have to hang on to a guy like Snell and hope his play improves.

My stance on Giannis has always been, if he wants to leave, go ahead. There’s no sense in worrying about it, and I’m not going to build a team improperly just to give him the faux sense of “trying” to win.

i don’t want an expensive dinosaur center either. I like Jordan, but he’s not going to be cheap. Just get someone who does 80% of what he does for 10% of the contract.

As much as I love Giannis, a championship should always remain the priority. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

A 33 year old Carroll for Parker? No thanks. I'd rather keep him. 

I wouldn't be a fan of this at all. Kyle O'Quinn isn't the answer we need at center. If we're moving Parker and Middleton, we better be improving the center position. Not interested in old Matthews and Carroll and I doubt Giannis would be too thrilled with that either. I mean I get the point that you're trying to clear cap for 19-20, but that lineup isn't generating any excitement going into the new building. 

I'm trying to get DeAndre Jordan still if I'm the Bucks. That's who I trade Middleton/Henson+ for.

I don't care about generating excitement. I care about building a competent basketball team. 

It's also safe to say you're overrating Jabari and Khris' values just as much as I'm likely undervaluing them.

I'm trying to clear space and reset this basketball team not hold out hope for highest value possible. 

Jabari is worthless and Khris is toxic. I'm not paying either of them and I'll dump them for space in a heartbeat. 

Edited by bkobow05