MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What do you mean? Bucks would have rushed him back opposed to how Philly handled him? 

Say the Bucks draft Embiid and he misses his entire first season.  Then gets hurt once he’s cleared.  Another Greg Oden (altho Oden never was worth that pick).  

Then everyone is like “Bucks should’ve drafted Parker.”

It’s all moot at this point anyway. 

31 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Say the Bucks draft Embiid and he misses his entire first season.  Then gets hurt once he’s cleared.  Another Greg Oden (altho Oden never was worth that pick).  

Then everyone is like “Bucks should’ve drafted Parker.”

It’s all moot at this point anyway. 

But that's what I mean, do you think the Bucks rush him back or what? Why would he suffer different injuries in Milwaukee opposed to Philly? Only way it happens is if Milwaukee doesn't take the cautious approach Philly took. 

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

yea i'm actually stoked we don't have to worry about paying parker anymore. was fully expecting the wiggins before season started. 

Now you can move on to Middleton because that would be a similar mistake. Once he's gone and maybe someone takes some of these contracts off our hands then I can be excited.

Next year's team is the same 7 seed Bucks. The improvement we'll make will come from Lopez and the gap between Bude and Kidd.

LeBron is gone, I remember 3 years ago everyone said the East will belong to the Bucks and Giannis. Well the Celtics and 76ers are leagues passed us. We haven't gone anywhere in 3 years. Just crap from ownership down to coaching. I trust Bude but I still don't view this ownership group any different than Kohl.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But that's what I mean, do you think the Bucks rush him back or what? Why would he suffer different injuries in Milwaukee opposed to Philly? Only way it happens is if Milwaukee doesn't take the cautious approach Philly took. 

Nah it has nothing to do with the Bucks rushing him back.  He's got serious injury issues and concerns like IG pointed out.  What if we drafted him and he misses as much time as Jabari did? What if Parker never tears an ACL playing for Philly? We’re basically talking alternate realities here, right?  What if’s?    What could have been’s?

28 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Nah it has nothing to do with the Bucks rushing him back.  He's got serious injury issues and concerns like IG pointed out.  What if we drafted him and he misses as much time as Jabari did? What if Parker never tears an ACL playing for Philly? We’re basically talking alternate realities here, right?  What if’s?    What could have been’s?

But I don't necessarily agree with that. Embiid had foot injuries entering the draft so he would have likely missed the same amount of time as he has in Philly. ACL injuries are fluky so I don't see what it has to do with where Parker played. Embiid is just sooooo much better that's the main thing here. Him added to this team would be killer. I bet you guys would be the favorites or the co-favorites to win the East next year with Embiid. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You think a HC change is going to help that much? Because the roster is pretty much the same.

I'm banking on 48-52 wins. Even if you think Jabari wasn't a net-negative last year, he definitely wasn't much of a positive, so I'm not sure he really affects the team that much next year compared to last year. Going from arguably the worst coaching situation in the NBA to, at the very least, a top 10-12 head coach is significant. Placing an actual emphasis on the most efficient shot in basketball should help. The chance that we can get scoring production out of the 5 spot will be something we haven't seen in awhile.

With LeBron heading West, anything less than 48 would feel like a letdown when you have a legitimate coach paired with the best player in the conference.