What's wrong with the Eagles?

Apparition

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Carson wentz is literally worse than Daniel Jones. He is contending with Eli and Case for the 4th worst QB in the division. Not going to be shocked when Colt surpasses him statistically in the upcoming weeks.

Dak still sucks

Not all of our teams can win when our QB throws for 160 yards. Luckily for you the run game and defense carries Wentz. 

Carson only needs 160 yards to beat the Jets. Dak can't even beat the Jets lol.

Also if you want to say the defense carries, just look at yesterday. Diggs who had done nothing so far this year literally had the game of his life. Our defense is actually bad. Darnold probably makes the game against the Jets close for us. TBH.

As others have said, their secondary is pretty bad.  Diggs made them look bad, but on one of the TD passes, our rookie WR Olabisi Johnson was also open by close to 10 yards on the same play and Cousins could have just as easily thrown it to him for the TD.  They were burned pretty badly.  

On the offensive side of the ball, they were missing DeSean Jackson and Darren Sproles.  They still had a couple of decent receivers though, and I was surprised that Carson Wentz didn't seem to be playing all that well - certainly not at the level I remember him being at before his injury a couple of years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Carson only needs 160 yards to beat the Jets. Dak can't even beat the Jets lol.

Also if you want to say the defense carries, just look at yesterday. Diggs who had done nothing so far this year literally had the game of his life. Our defense is actually bad. Darnold probably makes the game against the Jets close for us. TBH.

You cant actually believe that I meant that? 

It was a joke. 

PS you beat the Packers with 160 yards, not the Jets. Against the Jets Carson put up a hugely impressive 189 yards

You cant actually believe that I meant that? 

It was a joke. 

PS you beat the Packers with 160 yards, not the Jets. Against the Jets Carson put up a hugely impressive 189 yards

Carson has been going with the safer plays unless he needs to. He hasn't outright refused to but no one else on our team is a threat beyond 15 yards down the field at all. Vikings were playing 10 guys within 5 yards of the LOS most of the game because they knew we had literally zero downfield threats. Drafting JJAW made kinda no sense for us at all.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As others have said, their secondary is pretty bad.  Diggs made them look bad, but on one of the TD passes, our rookie WR Olabisi Johnson was also open by close to 10 yards on the same play and Cousins could have just as easily thrown it to him for the TD.  They were burned pretty badly.  

On the offensive side of the ball, they were missing DeSean Jackson and Darren Sproles.  They still had a couple of decent receivers though, and I was surprised that Carson Wentz didn't seem to be playing all that well - certainly not at the level I remember him being at before his injury a couple of years ago. 

I will continue to beat this drum:

A 9 game stretch makes everyone believe Wentz is something that he is not. The same 9 game stretch that the Eagles had the best roster in the NFL and his back up won superbowl MVP. Wentz has never looked that good at any point in his life, including college at North Dakota technical college for the blind and hearing impaired. 

Blake Bortles would have had a modicum of success with that roster. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Carson has been going with the safer plays unless he needs to. He hasn't outright refused to but no one else on our team is a threat beyond 15 yards down the field at all. Vikings were playing 10 guys within 5 yards of the LOS most of the game because they knew we had literally zero downfield threats. Drafting JJAW made kinda no sense for us at all.

I know, if you recall I defended Wentz in the Eagles GDT. 

I dont think your OL was doing him any favors either

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I will continue to beat this drum:

A 9 game stretch makes everyone believe Wentz is something that he is not. The same 9 game stretch that the Eagles had the best roster in the NFL and his back up won superbowl MVP. Wentz has never looked that good at any point in his life, including college at North Dakota technical college for the blind and hearing impaired. 

Blake Bortles would have had a modicum of success with that roster. 

I don't know if I'd go that far.  He didn't look like an average QB being propped up by awesome talent.  He looked like he was going to be one of the best QB's in the league.  It never hurts to have a great supporting cast though.  He sure didn't look like the same guy today.  Some credit should also be given to the Vikings defense too.  They are tough to beat at home and they will make a lot of them look worse than they actually are.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I know, if you recall I defended Wentz in the Eagles GDT. 

I dont think your OL was doing him any favors either

The Eagles O-Line did play well against the Packers, but has been average otherwise. Kelce and Brooks are doing fairly solid. Lane is having a down year IMO, and Peters can't stay healthy for a full game, Literally. At this point we'd be better off just giving Dillard first team reps and benching Peters.

One thing I was worried about going into this game was the strength of the Eagles in the trenches.  In the NFCCG a couple of years ago, they just dominated us on both sides of the ball.  While they weren't trash by any means yesterday, they weren't what I would call dominant either.  That helped the VIkings a lot.