What's wrong with the Eagles?

Apparition

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if I'd go that far.  He didn't look like an average QB being propped up by awesome talent.  He looked like he was going to be one of the best QB's in the league.  It never hurts to have a great supporting cast though.  He sure didn't look like the same guy today.  Some credit should also be given to the Vikings defense too.  They are tough to beat at home and they will make a lot of them look worse than they actually are.

Wentz is firmly a top 10 guy. He is not an MVP guy. I had him rated 9th when I did QB rankings. Dak was 10th, btw, so this isnt a case of me just trying to pimp my dude.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

One thing I was worried about going into this game was the strength of the Eagles in the trenches.  In the NFCCG a couple of years ago, they just dominated us on both sides of the ball.  While they weren't trash by any means yesterday, they weren't what I would call dominant either.  That helped the VIkings a lot.

Thats what I said. I thought the OL got abused. I had to defend Wentz to the Eagles fans who blamed him for the amount of pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

If I'm being objective right now. There are three guys I absolutely take over Wentz in a vacuum. Watson, Wilson, Mahomes. A lot of the old guard is fading, and then there are a handful of guys that I think Wentz is alongside at this point.

Ok, if you  take out every QB over 30 I guess. Id still take Rodgers over him. And if Dak continues to outplay him this season, I will probably flip their rankings. When you factor in health, it makes the choice easier. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Wentz is firmly a top 10 guy. He is not an MVP guy. I had him rated 9th when I did QB rankings. Dak was 10th, btw, so this isnt a case of me just trying to pimp my dude.

Thats what I said. I thought the OL got abused. I had to defend Wentz to the Eagles fans who blamed him for the amount of pressure. 

Ok, if you  take out every QB over 30 I guess. Id still take Rodgers over him. And if Dak continues to outplay him this season, I will probably flip their rankings. When you factor in health, it makes the choice easier. 

If Carson can stay healthy this season, then I'm still taking him over Dak in a vacuum personally. I'd still take Aaron over Wentz right now, but Aaron has 4-5 more seasons more likely. He won't be around for the long haul.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I haven't seen much of Dak's play lately, so I shouldn't sound off too much on him.  I just have this image of him not being a very good passer.  He did get the big contract and has had some nice games from what I've heard, so I'll be interested in seeing how he looks when we play the 'Boys. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sproles being out is a good thing.... Doug and/or Deuce has some odd affinity for him and he's just a detriment to our team more often than not at this point in time.

Really liked what Sanders was able to do yesterday. Legit threat out of the backfield.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers is probably a little better than Wentz, but not by much.  His age has been catching up with him quickly and his playing style doesn't help that.  I don't see him playing at a high level as long as Brady has.  He is still a dangerous QB, but people need to realize that it's not 2011-2014 anymore. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I haven't seen much of Dak's play lately, so I shouldn't sound off too much on him.  I just have this image of him not being a very good passer.  He did get the big contract and has had some nice games from what I've heard, so I'll be interested in seeing how he looks when we play the 'Boys. 

He hasnt gotten the contract yet. But its going to happen and he will be the #1 paid QB in the NFL. Which is the price you pay for a top 10 dude who needs a new contract. In respect to Wentz though, the biggest difference is Carson has been a check down king the last 2 years. I put that blame on Pedersons playcalling/Eagles personnel and not Wentz though. We know Wentz has the ability. But Alshon has lead feet and Ahgalor cant catch. 

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Really liked what Sanders was able to do yesterday. Legit threat out of the backfield.

His vision and ability to find holes still needs to improve, but he certainly is a receiving threat yeah, he's our best option down the field other than DeSean sadly...

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers is probably a little better than Wentz, but not by much.  His age has been catching up with him quickly and his playing style doesn't help that.  I don't see him playing at a high level as long as Brady has.  He is still a dangerous QB, but people need to realize that it's not 2011-2014 anymore. 

Its also not 2017 anymore. Weve had 2 more years of Wentz play to realize that the 30 TDs (or whatever it was) in 9 games was a fluke. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He hasnt gotten the contract yet. But its going to happen and he will be the #1 paid QB in the NFL. Which is the price you pay for a top 10 dude who needs a new contract. In respect to Wentz though, the biggest difference is Carson has been a check down king the last 2 years. I put that blame on Pedersons playcalling/Eagles personnel and not Wentz though. We know Wentz has the ability. But Alshon has lead feet and Ahgalor cant catch. 

Oh ok, I thought I heard Dak had signed for $40M+/year.   As far as Wentz being a check down guy for 2 years, I kind of discounted that because of his coming back from the injury.  He is kind of like Rodgers in that he makes a lot of his big plays when he escapes the pocket and throws on the run.  I figured they were protecting him from doing that and trying to keep him in the pocket more so he doesn't reinjure the knee.  I guess I need to watch more games.  

When your defense consistently spots the other team 10-14 points before the first quarter ends and you are constantly in comeback mode, it immediately makes your offense unbalanced and makes it easier for the opposing defense to just rush the passer. Combine that with the only downfield threat they put on the roster is DJax, who has been straight chilling since week 1, makes it really easy to defend an Eagles' offense when you know they have to pass and they don't threaten you deep. 

For the most part, Wentz is playing out of his mind for this team to be even as mediocre as they are right now.