What's wrong with the Eagles?

Apparition

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys advertised him as a MVP candidate. He is 18th in rating, 5th in QBR, 27th in comp %, 16th in ypg and 14th in ANY/A. So Im going to disagree that he has lived up to his "advertisement". He has been thoroughly average.

PFF > QBR

Neither of them is great for gauging a QB's true worth, but QBR (who yes would actually be beneficial to him in this argument) is garbage.

Just have to do the eye test. Wentz has been a top-10ish QB as a whole this season, but he's certainly got gaps in his game and the team construction and execution isn't exactly benefiting him at this moment in time.

Oh, and I'll throw you a bone that people are overlooking now Matts.

The Falcons are also winless except when they played the Eagles, as are the Jets except when they played the Cowboys. No team in the NFC East is good this year, one will make the playoffs and maybe win 1 game, and the other will pick top 15.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

PFF > QBR

Neither of them is great for gauging a QB's true worth, but QBR (who yes would actually be beneficial to him in this argument) is garbage.

Just have to do the eye test. Wentz has been a top-10ish QB as a whole this season, but he's certainly got gaps in his game and the team construction and execution isn't exactly benefiting him at this moment in time.

Aww, the famous "eye test". What Eagles fans have been using to defend Wentz for going on 4 years now. How can you say top 10 when you clearly arent watching all the games for all the QBs (which obvi none of us are)? You are using your bias to artificially inflate him. Granted I have only watched 2 Eagles games, but he was pretty bad in both of them. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh, and I'll throw you a bone that people are overlooking now Matts.

The Falcons are also winless except when they played the Eagles, as are the Jets except when they played the Cowboys. No team in the NFC East is good this year, one will make the playoffs and maybe win 1 game, and the other will pick top 15.

Yeah, I know. I just didnt feel the need to pile on you after that loss. I figured that was painful enough on its own.

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Aww, the famous "eye test". What Eagles fans have been using to defend Wentz for going on 4 years now. How can you say top 10 when you clearly arent watching all the games for all the QBs (which obvi none of us are)? You are using your bias to artificially inflate him. Granted I have only watched 2 Eagles games, but he was pretty bad in both of them. 

He was only "Bad" in the first half of the Falcons game. He was underwhelming in the Jets game. All other 4 games he's been good.

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, I know. I just didnt feel the need to pile on you after that loss. I figured that was painful enough on its own.

It's not really that painful (obviously the Cowboys hilarious loss helped) because we lost because of the exact reason we all expected would give us problems. Our tertiary. (You can't even call them a secondary)

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You watched a majority of the game yesterday, as seen by your posting in out GDT multiple times. You really think that performance was bad? Were we watching the same game? He played pretty dang good yesterday outside of forcing things at the very end of a game that was completely over.

Are you sure it is our bias that is skewing the perception here and not yours? 

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Obviously we are biased.... However, It's not just us, most NFL fans will tell you Wentz is a pretty damn good QB. You're the only one who seems to think otherwise.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You watched a majority of the game yesterday, as seen by your posting in out GDT multiple times. You really think that performance was bad? Were we watching the same game? He played pretty dang good yesterday outside of forcing things at the very end of a game that was completely over.

Are you sure it is our bias that is skewing the perception here and not yours? 

Ok fine, not bad that game.But horrific against the falcons

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Obviously we are biased.... However, It's not just us, most NFL fans will tell you Wentz is a pretty damn good QB. You're the only one who seems to think otherwise.

I some times think you guys dont read what I say and just make your own narrative. You only have to go back in this very thread to see I said he is firmly in the top 10

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I some times think you guys dont read what I say and just make your own narrative. You only have to go back in this very thread to see I said he is firmly in the top 10

Sorry if I am not reading every post of yours Mattsy, I was looking at the current page and saw your usual avalanche of trashing Wentz, and since the thread is "what's wrong with the Eagles", I can only assume you were implying Wentz is the problem.