Mariota benched

BayRaider

In come Tannehil. Thoughts? I’ve always said Mariota would be benched by Week 7 or so as he is a Bottom 6-7 QB in the league. Tannehil isn’t great but he’s a much better pure QB than Mariota and can be a middle of the pack QB with a good offensive cast, which the Titans have. 

This is also the reason I stashed away Corey Davis and didn’t drop him. Davis is more of Tannehil kind of WR. 

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

It's kinda funny in hindsight how hyped Winston & Mariota were as QB's going into the 2015 draft and how bad both of them have busted.

That's gotta be one of the top 1-2 QB bust punches in recent history.

Not like they were JaMarcus/Leaf/Bortles level of bust though. Highly inconsistent QBs. But yes, they are busts. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Not like they were JaMarcus/Leaf/Bortles level of bust though. Highly inconsistent QBs. But yes, they are busts. 

No I just mean in terms of two QB's that go 1 & 2 overall and both are busts.

Not sure If I can even think of the last time that's happened.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

It's kinda funny in hindsight how hyped Winston & Mariota were as QB's going into the 2015 draft and how bad both of them have busted.

winston seemed more like a gunslinger who would try to force balls into his guys wether open or not. mariota i dont think was helped with his constant new OC deal but cant stay healthy. im not sure why he hasnt panned out better. 

Should have happened a few weeks ago.  That 3 TD game simply prolonged the inevitable...  Mariota has been one of the worst QBs in the league over the last couple years.  In a fair competition, Tannehill would have won the job in camp...

49 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Winston just can't get out of his own way.  If he'd settle down, play with some common sense, and not try to be a hero, he'd probably be a decent player.

Mariota does a lot of things well also; he's a good leader, he's efficient, and takes care of the ball, but he's too gun shy, and has almost no awareness.

Honestly, a little bit of Winston would do Mariota some good, and a little bit of Mariota would do Winston some good.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ridiculously unfair to put Bortles in the same category as Russell and Leaf... 

Bortles is at least somewhat competent at the position; In fact, Bortles has been more productive than Mariota, and more efficient than Winston, so it makes no sense to throw Bortles into this..

8 minutes ago, Emerica said:

I remember just a few months back some Titans fans arguing with me that this team was a contender and that there was no possible scenario where Tannehill would see the field unless Mariota was hurt.

Life comes at you fast

Fans supporting their team, oh the shame... I’ve been off the Mariota bandwagon for a couple seasons now but he definitely lost me last year. He’s never played this bad. Also for as much as he sucks, the rest of the offense is a joke as well. Worst OL and OC in the league. They promoted a TE coach to OC who learned under Whisenhunt, Mularkey, and LaFleur. They’ve invested way too much into the OL to be this bad. The worst part of this, they’re wasting a championship level defense and Tannehill is fixing that.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fans supporting their team, oh the shame... I’ve been off the Mariota bandwagon for a couple seasons now but he definitely lost me last year. He’s never played this bad. Also for as much as he sucks, the rest of the offense is a joke as well. Worst OL and OC in the league. They promoted a TE coach to OC who learned under Whisenhunt, Mularkey, and LaFleur. They’ve invested way too much into the OL to be this bad. The worst part of this, they’re wasting a championship level defense and Tannehill is fixing that.

Look fam we did our job we gave you one of those wins.  18/27  around 250 total yards passing and rushing and 3 td's to 0 int's for Marcus against us.  I don't know what more you want from me we tried to save his career :D

• Like 3