Mariota benched

BayRaider

11 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Seattle, LAC, SF, Cleveland, TB are all places I could see him holding a clipboard.

It would be awesome to have him sign with Tampa Bay as the backup before they have a starter in place. That would make me laugh. 

49ers would seem highly unlikely with Nick Mullens there. Familiarity with Shanny's system is super important, and then there's just the cost factor. Mariota as a back up will still cost several million. Mullens will be playing for like 650K. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

It would be awesome to have him sign with Tampa Bay as the backup before they have a starter in place. That would make me laugh. 

49ers would seem highly unlikely with Nick Mullens there. Familiarity with Shanny's system is super important, and then there's just the cost factor. Mariota as a back up will still cost several million. Mullens will be playing for like 650K. 

Forgot about Nick Mullens.

I think he will end up in Chicago. Could be a fit if nagy just goes full spread rpo. would be funny just because MT and MM have very similar skill sets, except MM is probably better at this point. Would make sense for them to try and bring in someone to push MT. 

I dont think he will go somewhere to be the backup. I think he will want to go somewhere to compete. If nothing else, he is a competitor. Would be good for him to be in the same system for a year or two with a good coach as the backup though. Kind of hit reset a little bit

• Like 1

people in this thread seem to think that ryan tannehill is like...a lot better than he is lol

he and mariota are basically the same quarterback and they’re both bad. we’ll be in the market for a QB come draft season.

with any luck, we’ll be in the market for an entire new offensive coaching staff (at the very least) as well. the problem goes well beyond the quarterback. every single aspect of our offense is an absolute disaster.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

people in this thread seem to think that ryan tannehill is like...a lot better than he is lol

he and mariota are basically the same quarterback and they’re both bad. we’ll be in the market for a QB come draft season.

with any luck, we’ll be in the market for an entire new offensive coaching staff (at the very least) as well. the problem goes well beyond the quarterback. every single aspect of our offense is an absolute disaster.

Mariota: scores 0 points, puts up a QBR of 10, throws 2 INTs, gets benched

Everyone: WHOO, TANNEHILL TIME!  THIS TEAM IS A PLAYOFF TEAM WITH TANNEHILLS, WHOO, THAT IS MY ****!!!!

Tannehill: scores 0 points, puts up a QBR even lower, and throws an INT.

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

It'll be interesting to see where Mariota's career goes from here. I could see him as a very high end backup QB for someone with an entrenched starter.

Depending on the price. I think he'd be a good backup in Philly. Between him and Carson we should be able to have a full season! 

[cries in Pederson]

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

While I don't disagree with that, I do wonder if Tannehill isn't the better fit for the Titans offense just in terms of what he does well compared to what Mariota does well, what the Titans want to do offensively, etc etc. 

They could be very comparable players overall with one of them just being the superior fit for the team. I do think that is at least worth investigating.