Mariota benched

BayRaider

3 hours ago, Danger said:

What do Dak Prescott and Marcus Mariotta have in common?

Hint: It's not that they both went to colleges that start with the letter O

They’re really isn’t much of a difference. One has shattered confidence right now and never had the luxury to play behind the best OL in football combined with a great RB. One also hasn’t had 3 HCs and 4 OCs either. Mariota’s best statistical season was in 2016. The same year the OL was actually pretty solid and Demarco Murray was pretty good. Hasn’t had that since and the the injuries and hits have piled up. Both are average to slightly above average QBs who need a lot of help around them for the team to succeed.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Elky said:

I don't think Mariota sucks; he definitely needs a year off as a backup to get back to 100%. The injuries really caught up to him.

He doesn't outright suck.  He just sucks sometimes.  Don't forget last season he was on fire against the Pats and Cowboys, and the year before that he pretty much engineered the comeback win against the Chiefs himself.  He just doesn't look like the same QB in some games.

I think he can still be a successful QB in the NFL, but he's the kind of QB that needs everything around him to work, and a change of scenery too.  When the rest of the offense is clicking, Mariota plays well.  Sometimes very well, but dude does not handle adversity well.

And yeah, the injuries don't help, though right now, I think he's pretty much 100% physically, it's just more of a David Carr syndrome thing mentally.