Who wins a hypothetical Patriots - 49ers matchup?

Apparition

The Twin Princes v. The Old Demon Kings - who ya got?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. The Twin Princes v. The Old Demon Kings - who ya got?

• 49ers
    • Patriots

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Saints are, yeah. I'll have to look at how JAX held them to 3 for three quarters, but they seem uber-rounded. I thought DAL were as well, but that was premature. Would be worried about GB in the NFC.

I mean obviously an offense led by Bridgewater is not going to be as good as a Brees led offense, but still impressive that they were able to beat Seattle/Dallas without Brees. Like which other team  could pull that off with their back up QB? Their DL is so talented and their secondary is playing good ball. I mean you could argue they were the most complete team the last few yeas but they fell short in epic fashion in back to back years. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean obviously an offense led by Bridgewater is not going to be as good as a Brees led offense, but still impressive that they were able to beat Seattle/Dallas without Brees. Like which other team  could pull that off with their back up QB? Their DL is so talented and their secondary is playing good ball. I mean you could argue they were the most complete team the last few yeas but they fell short in epic fashion in back to back years. 

Saints defense is legit man...    No one has been talking about them but they have one of the top defenses in the league and with Brees coming back.    R.I.P  they might just get that lombardi this year.    I know Brees may struggle vs. the Pats D but that would be one of the only teams I would say could definitely beat or expose the patriots defense.

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Saints defense is legit man...    No one has been talking about them but they have one of the top defenses in the league and with Brees coming back.    R.I.P  they might just get that lombardi this year.    I know Brees may struggle vs. the Pats D but that would be one of the only teams I would say could definitely beat or expose the patriots defense.

I definitely notice this defense, especially the DL. How can you not? They are flat out dominating.

Yeah, they are the most complete team in the NFL right now. Hoping the Niners get the #1 seed so if we do have to face the Saints, they will have to come to our place and not play in the dome. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I definitely notice this defense, especially the DL. How can you not? They are flat out dominating.

Yeah, they are the most complete team in the NFL right now. Hoping the Niners get the #1 seed so if we do have to face the Saints, they will have to come to our place and not play in the dome. 

Yea as a Bucs fan I get to watch them twice a year and this year I have to say that defense is on another level.   Usually like last year the Bucs can expose them a bit but they were struggling to do anything against this defense the last time they played a couple weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea as a Bucs fan I get to watch them twice a year and this year I have to say that defense is on another level.   Usually like last year the Bucs can expose them a bit but they were struggling to do anything against this defense the last time they played a couple weeks ago.

Your Bucs played both defenses, which one were you more impressed with the Saints or Niners def

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Your Bucs played both defenses, which one were you more impressed with the Saints or Niners def

49ers looked more impressive IMO and I don't think they even hit their stride yet and im pretty sure Nick Bosa was out or still nursing that ankle.  Jameis did, however, gift them a couple INTs  xD

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I wonder how the BB would feel if the QB he traded went to the SB and beat the QB he didn’t trade. BB destroys his own dynasty, now that would be crazy.

well since then he did go to back to back SBs and won 1 one of them. Wouldn't have happened if he kept Jimmy. And also this implies that Jimmy is the driving force behind the 49ers success which I do not see.

8 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

49ers looked more impressive IMO and I don't think they even hit their stride yet and im pretty sure Nick Bosa was out or still nursing that ankle.  Jameis did, however, gift them a couple INTs  xD

Yeah, he's healthier now.

Jameis definitely gifted the defense a INT or two. Shame that he reverted back to that yesterday when he's been mainly clean since week 1. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I wonder how the BB would feel if the QB he traded went to the SB and beat the QB he didn’t trade. BB destroys his own dynasty, now that would be crazy.

Since the Patriots traded Jimmy after the 2016 season they went to the SB in 2017 and won it in 2018. That's hardly destroying a dynasty.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:55 PM, N4L said:

There isnt a single skill position player the patriots have on offense that would be a mismatch for our defense other than edelman. Meanwhile, our DL would be in Bradys face all game long. Brady from 2 years ago is probably ok, but the Brady I saw on thursday would not fare well against the GOLD RUSH 

They have a great line however,

I didn't see you mention the Pats back seven against Jimmy G. Who has thrown a lot of passes of his back foot since coming back from his injury. How much pressure has the Pats created this year.

New England currently ranks first in scoring defense, total defense and passing defense, as well as No. 3 against the run.  Patriots have 25 sacks compared to 17 to San Fran. Seems like there will be more pressure on Jimmy to come through. Who are you taking when the game is for all the marbles!

Edited by m haynes

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

They have a great line however,

I didn't see you mention the Pats back seven against Jimmy G. Who has thrown a lot of passes of his back foot since coming back from his injury. How much pressure has the Pats created this year.

New England currently ranks first in scoring defense, total defense and passing defense, as well as No. 3 against the run.

I would put the over/under number for Jimmy G interceptions in that game at 4.