#FireJasonGarrett

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Looking at the playoff tie breaker scenarios, the loss to the jets is a back breaker.  JG wasn’t fired immediately after the jets loss but there’s a very real chance it will be the end of him after all.

I think it's pretty unlikely we end up in a tie-breaking scenario we lose, to be honest. How the season could close out.

Eagles lose to the Dolphins: That would essentially cancel out the "common opponent" record difference from losing to the Jets and probably take us to the conference record tie-breaker (which we might lose, but not because of the Jets game)

Eagles lose to NYG, @NYG, or @WAS: We'd win the tiebreaker on division (assuming we win our game against the Redskins)

Eagles lose to v.s Cowboys: We'd win tiebreaker based on head-to-head

Eagles close out 5-0, beating Dolphins, NYG, @NYG, Cowboys, and @Was: In this scenario, the Eagles finish 10-6 at worst, including a win over us. Which means we'd have to go 4-1 against Patriots, Bills, Bears, Rams, and Redskins. It's possible, but this seems like the only realistic scenario where that tiebreaker comes into play, but I think it's pretty likely the Eagles just win the division outright if this happens.

The caveat to this argument is that a win against the Jets would have meant no tiebreaker protocol was even necessary. But beyond that, I don't think it's likely that we lose a tie-breaker to the Eagles.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think it's pretty unlikely we end up in a tie-breaking scenario we lose, to be honest. How the season could close out.

Eagles lose to the Dolphins: That would essentially cancel out the "common opponent" record difference from losing to the Jets and probably take us to the conference record tie-breaker (which we might lose, but not because of the Jets game)

Eagles lose to NYG, @NYG, or @WAS: We'd win the tiebreaker on division (assuming we win our game against the Redskins)

Eagles lose to v.s Cowboys: We'd win tiebreaker based on head-to-head

Eagles close out 5-0, beating Dolphins, NYG, @NYG, Cowboys, and @Was: In this scenario, the Eagles finish 10-6 at worst, including a win over us. Which means we'd have to go 4-1 against Patriots, Bills, Bears, Rams, and Redskins. It's possible, but this seems like the only realistic scenario where that tiebreaker comes into play, but I think it's pretty likely the Eagles just win the division outright if this happens.

The caveat to this argument is that a win against the Jets would have meant no tiebreaker protocol was even necessary. But beyond that, I don't think it's likely that we lose a tie-breaker to the Eagles.

Well, there are 6 games left.  Both cowboys and eagles have tough games this week.  Eagles have advantage of being at home.  If they lose and we win (unlikely), we’d go up 2 games with 5 to play.  Any other scenario put us in a lot of trouble as we would need the giants or redskins to do something they really have no interest in doing... winning.  Whether we end up with the same and lose the tie breaker because of the let’s loss or the eagles end up with a one game better record... either way the loss to the jets will be the difference.

We need to beat Washington Chicago Rams Bills  and we really need Philly to loose to seattle that wins the division no matter what Philly or we do in the other games     End up at worst tied in division and a better conference record 

or  

Just beat Philly  Washington Chicago 

jets loss didn’t hurt us tie breaker it did hurt us record wise as it was a bad loss

the saints and Minny loss hurt us in the tie breakers   Especially Minny as we could have ended up tied with them at season end holding the tie breaker head to head

Edited by quiller

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If Jason goes to the Giants they immediately improve in player development. I prefer my division rivals to be not good.  

JG doesnt know how to develop talent. His only real skill set is being a disciplinarian and a locker room warden. Which I will admit for the most part has been good for us. 

But hes not taking Will McClay with him so there is no way he will be able to draft as well as he has in the past.

His best hope is to hire coaches and delegate the roles to up and comers who can develop the talent there in New York. I do think he has an eye for hiring decent coaches but in terms of doing what Pete Carroll or BB does? No, Garrett at best will be able to develop a solid team but it will be one that constantly fails to meet expectations like the ones he has here have. 

FWIW, Jerry isn't speaking very highly of the coaching tonight. At least he seems to get that much. 

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones:

“Special teams is a total reflection of coaching.”

“I don’t think there’s a game where a coaching staff couldn’t do better. I don’t like that we’ve got so many as I’m standing here tonight.”

“With the makeup of this team, I shouldn’t be this frustrated.”

I do believe we're getting closer..... :big grin:

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1