1. 1. Game Ball?

• Jimmy Garoppolo
    • George Kittle
    • Dee Ford
    • Arik Armstead
    • Solomon Thomas
    • Emmanuel Moseley
    • Jimmie Ward

To me it is between Armstread and Ward. Both were amazing today. Armstead was bringing constant pressure and just wrecking havoc.

Pretty amazing how we don't have one player with more than 3 or 3.5 sacks, but the entire DL is eating.

-Ford 3.5 sacks

-Buckner 3 sacks

-Bosa 3 sacks

-Armstead 2.5 sacks

-Thomas 2 sacks

Then props to Ward/Williams for holding Kupp in check all game long. Williams got nicked up some and Ward ended up being the primary defender on Kupp and he gave him no space at all.

I went with Ward. Guy was instrumental in a goal line 4th down run and the one in the fourth on Kupp. Guy has a bone to bre..pick with his naysayers. Really happy for him and hope he keeps it up. Worried we might end up having to pay him too. 

Moore hopefully takes some pointers on tackling and good physicality.

• Like 2

Too many people playing well on defense to single one out, so I went with Kittle, because he made many very important catches. In a relatively low scoring game, and with the running game AND passing game being average, being able to convert 3rd downs and keep drives going was extremely clutch. Of course, the game was won by the defense (for the 5th time this year). But Kittle is the guy I'm singling out, because he was key to this win, and did that while he perhaps shouldn't even have played. But there was no way he would miss that game, with all the players we're missing on offense. Heart and soul.

Did anyone on D not play a great game? Ward had his great plays. Tartt had that nasty snipe on that screen play. The D-line d-lined the hell out of the Rams' OL. Kwon and Fred made plays. Sherm was Sherm. And anyone else thinks Moseley has been amazing so far? Like, we were very hyped up by the start Spoon was having, but Moseley seems just as good. And a great tackler on top of that. Is that what having depth looks like? What happens when Spoon returns? Rotation? Situational matching up? Top 2 defense in the NFL, right now.

34 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Too many people playing well on defense to single one out, so I went with Kittle, because he made many very important catches. In a relatively low scoring game, and with the running game AND passing game being average, being able to convert 3rd downs and keep drives going was extremely clutch. Of course, the game was won by the defense (for the 5th time this year). But Kittle is the guy I'm singling out, because he was key to this win, and did that while he perhaps shouldn't even have played. But there was no way he would miss that game, with all the players we're missing on offense. Heart and soul.

Did anyone on D not play a great game? Ward had his great plays. Tartt had that nasty snipe on that screen play. The D-line d-lined the hell out of the Rams' OL. Kwon and Fred made plays. Sherm was Sherm. And anyone else thinks Moseley has been amazing so far? Like, we were very hyped up by the start Spoon was having, but Moseley seems just as good. And a great tackler on top of that. Is that what having depth looks like? What happens when Spoon returns? Rotation? Situational matching up? Top 2 defense in the NFL, right now.

Having Moseley play great ball is huge for the team. Just knowing if one of your starters goes out and he will be able to step in and hold it down is a good feeling.

When Spoon returns, Moseley probably gets in certain packages but mainly contributes on STs.

He's playing great, but what made Spoon's play stand out is he was getting targeted big time in every game and was not allowing anything. Not getting targeted at is GREAT, but our pass rush has been absolutely filthy the last two games to the point that the opposing QBs lost confidence early on and just gave in.

The Bucs/Steelers offensive lines actually held up decent and our secondary had to cover for a legitimate time and held up. 

Next OL that stands up solid against our pass rush will be....

• Like 1

Tough one.  I went with Ward(gun to my head decision), but you could make an argument for just about anyone on the team.  Lots of guys stepped up against an opponent that most people thought would steam roll right over us.  Team effort win, in my opinion.