Have you given up on Winston?

Slingin' Sammy

Yet another 3+ int game today. He’s in his fifth year, and just when you think he’s finally putting it all together, he puts up a performance  like this.

No ones denying his talent (he clearly has the ability to make all the throws and take over a game), but are we at the point where we need to accept that he’ll always be a turnover machine?

I can't imagine you will get many defending him. Hey maybe he can sign in New England and learn from Tom for a few years... I don't see anyone giving him a clear cut starter role, or bringing him in to bridge for a rookie. He's done, barring some major rehab somewhere. Best scenario for him is to go sit behind Russell Wilson and learn from him but I'm not even sure if he brings enough to the table in the film room to earn that spot.

Edited by Boltstrikes

I mean, I never was high on him in the first place but he has shown potential. I thought Arians was the perfect coach for him and believed that if Arians couldn't get the best out of Winston, then no one could. He's certainly not a terrible QB but he's just way too inconsistent. I'd move on from him if I were Tampa Bay.

As a Bucs fan, I'm ready to move on.  I don't think he's trash - if he had any rookie contract left to play out, I'd be fine with him doing so.  I suppose franchising him would still be an option, but it seems clear that he's never going to be a guy I'd want to see the team committing $20+ million a year for multiple years to.  So I think it's time to cut bait.