Officials - I cant stand their arrogance

brooks1957

Or simply their incompetence, and then the backstepping all over themselves to try to find some bizarre ruling somewhere in the rule book that justifies their incompetence.  Failing that, they just fabricate stuff (allowing a replay AFTER a play was run). The one thing they have been excellent at for the last 20 years is their ability to bone the Browns over and over and over and over and over and over and over..........

Make no mistake - the have the full support of Park Ave. behind them. How dare we ask/demand our team back over 25 years ago? Roger and his henchmen have been boning us since.....

If these tools would ever give us a LEVEL playing field - our W/L record would be nowhere close to what it is.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/10/59b4501bcf8637/how-bad-was-the-officiating-in-the-browns-loss-3-blown-calls-that-went-the-seahawks-way.html

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 3

414syb_T_bigger.jpg

Just rewatched game. I hate excuses but I also have to keep it real -the back to back penalties in the 3rd quarter on a big Odell catch with “ineligible downfield” -the next play blindside block call on Jarvis Put bluntly. Cannot be more horribly officiated. Awful calls
  • Like 4

After watching that game I think our best bet to actually win a game is to just start drawing up plays to take out the refs.  Forget trying to sack the opposing quarterback I want Myles getting a flag for a late hit on the f'n skunks.  Let's run a play with Jarvis getting a blindside hit on the officials.  If we take them all out then they can't keep blatantly taking these games from us. 

• Like 3

With all the technology available in 2019 - there can be ONE and only ONE reason there is not a more aggressive grading and penal system in place to ensure teams and fans get more of a fair shake.

The reason?

NFL executives and their underlings don't like to be second guessed and made to look like buffoons publicly. A great example is the ultimate gaffe that cost the Saints the Super Bowl. The NFL puts on a big show that they are "correcting their errors". What actually happens? The incompetent zebras officiate the new rules in such an inconsistent manner the entire league is pissed.

The league office just needs to nut up, admit there are issues - and fire the underperforming dolts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

After watching that game I think our best bet to actually win a game is to just start drawing up plays to take out the refs.  Forget trying to sack the opposing quarterback I want Myles getting a flag for a late hit on the f'n skunks.  Let's run a play with Jarvis getting a blindside hit on the officials.  If we take them all out then they can't keep blatantly taking these games from us. 

Why we never took a shot at Jeff Tripplette after the Orlando Brown incident is beyond me. If anyone deserved it, it was him. He was incompetent and vindictive

Edited by brooks1957

It’s just crazy that in this day and age we don’t have an expanded crew with 15-20 camera angles that allow for instantaneous 360 degree views.

It’s a multi billion dollar business and it’s being monitored by a handful of dudes in person, in real time.  It ain’t 1960 anymore guys, there’s got to be a better way of doing this.

At a minimum they need to look for “spirit of the rule” as opposed to each rules literal meaning.

A lineman 8 yards downfield on a pass is a penalty.  A yard and a half is not.

Clubbing a QB in the face is a flag, grazing them when are going past trying to make a play is not.

Putting your helmet into a QB and taking them to the ground 4 steps after they throw is a penalty, pushing them down a step after they release it is not.

Holding on the other side of the field, and completely irrelevant to the outcome of the play should be let alone.

As I said earlier, the refs are ruining the game, it’s becoming an officiating exhibition and no one enjoys it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The Jarvis Landry block is the one that gets me. Because no one watching that play could’ve actually thrown that flag unless they saw it out of the corner of their eye and just guessed that a flag needed thrown on Cleveland, again. 

Yeah I think it’s just a matter of thinking you saw something you didn’t because of the location on the field, type of play, etc.

The fact that the officials had to have been able to see the replay on the screens in the stadium and still let the call stand is mind blowing.

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I would have beaten a ref to death with my helmet.

Or at least attacked one. If I'm going to end up in prison, it's going to be a result of a referee.

At some point teams are going to have to protest these calls if they want to see some changes.

As it stands the league is in no hurry to fix the issue.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At some point teams are going to have to protest these calls if they want to see some changes.

As it stands the league is in no hurry to fix the issue.

My biggest problem is how the league does nothing. They back the refs at every turn and are more of the problem than the actual referees themselves. 

Referees are there to ensure people don't outrageously break the rules. These morons need to eat their flags way more often than they do. It's like they hire divas that just can't wait to get their 15 minutes of face time each week.

• Like 1