Officials - I cant stand their arrogance

brooks1957

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

My biggest problem is how the league does nothing. They back the refs at every turn and are more of the problem than the actual referees themselves. 

Referees are there to ensure people don't outrageously break the rules. These morons need to eat their flags way more often than they do. It's like they hire divas that just can't wait to get their 15 minutes of face time each week.

Yeah they’re not calling things according to the “spirit of the rule” but rather to the letter and it’s absurdly awful to watch.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I hate to say this, but it's productive: A lot of these NFL HC's would be smart to publicly shame officials to the media, take their fine, and move on. They'll start getting a lot of these calls.

See: THE NBA

No they won't. NFL referees just suck. They think they are making the right calls every time they do it. It's not malicious; it's just incompetent.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd be a great commissioner of the NFL. It'd be such an easy job. Hold your referees accountable, be consistent with your punishments, announce the freaking draft picks.

So far the only one of those things the current clown has done is announce the draft picks.

And he gets paid 31 million dollars every year.

Edited by candyman93

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's because Roger G WORKS FOR THE OWNERS. Whose side do you think that he'll take every year? Give me $30+ million a year and I'll gladly embrace my role as the villain every year.

He doesn't really have to be a villain. He's just incompetent. But he keeps the cash cow rolling and as a result, will never be let go. Shameful.

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The Jarvis Landry block is the one that gets me. Because no one watching that play could’ve actually thrown that flag unless they saw it out of the corner of their eye and just guessed that a flag needed thrown on Cleveland, again. 

Agree 100%.  The rest of them eh ok obnoxious over officiating or semi-understandable mistakes.

That one...that was just somebody who didn't see what happened at all and just called something because there was a collision.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:57 AM, NateDawg said:

The Jarvis Landry block is the one that gets me. Because no one watching that play could’ve actually thrown that flag unless they saw it out of the corner of their eye and just guessed that a flag needed thrown on Cleveland, again. 

Or unless they were motivated or instructed to make calls against the Browns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Or unless they were motivated or instructed to make calls against the Browns.

I don't think so. I just think they're incompetent and it seemingly always bites us in the butt. It sucks, but I don't think it's maliciousness against the Browns.

That being said, I'd turn their graves into toilets if I could. You will literally never find someone with more vileness in their blood when it comes to referees.

OMG, we have a tread for this? I'm so excited.......

I have been on a crusade for like the past 7 or 8 years, they have been killing sports.....PERIOD. I absolutely hate officials, from the high school level to the professional level, they all SUCK. The rules vary from crew to crew, there is no hard line set rules to enforce, it just depends on what type of mood they wake up in or the monetary influence they've received. They're rude, smug, and overly emotional, they anticipate calls instead of actually seeing what they thought they saw, and will tell you the sky is purple. They try their hardest to be as a part of the game as the players which is not right, there should be no such thing as a bias or emotions when it comes to officiating, but these guys are down right divas. I don't have many things I hate in life but I absolutely HATE officials. If there was a way we can go to robots or computers, I would be all for it.

There, I got that off my chest