Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

Even though one could easily argue he was never really that good under Sean McVay, Jared Goff's deficincies at playing quarterback have been glaringly obvious ever since being exposed by Chicago in 2018. Since that game (including playoffs), he's tossed just 17 touchdowns to 15 interceptions.

Although he has flaws of his own, I think LA would benefit from starting Blake Bortles. He has more upside than Goff and can develop into being a franchise quarterback now that he has proper coaching.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

This is almost as bad as the "Kyle Allen will replace Cam Newton when he's healthy" takes. 

But no bortles sucks so hard just no.

Im almost on the Kyle bandwagon over Newton lol.  That kid looks really good and to me Newton hasn't looked that impressive in a minute now and is way to injured for me all the time.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see if Goff improves much as the season goes on, or is the real Goff now that he doesn't have an elite run game and OL to rely on like he had the past couple seasons.

Statistically Goff's season has been worse in many categories than guys like Case Keenum, and Marcus Mariota. Both of those QB's have already been benched this season.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Goff played just fine against the Seahawks. He's been inconsistent and uneven this season for sure, but no way in hell do you bench him. 

It’s hard to be consistent with a D3 offensive line. Especially for a young QB who’s still learning

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

It’s hard to be consistent with a D3 offensive line. Especially for a young QB who’s still learning

Seemed to me that mcvay knew that goff was going to be pressured a lot today, and also knows he hasnt done well when pressured. They ran the ball 7 or 8 times to start the game and scored their only TD without throwing a pass. I honestly thought we were going to lose when that happened. 

unfortunately for the rams, throwing under pressure is not something you can really practice because its different when you know guys cant hit you. 

This can go one of two ways for them, he can learn to stand in the pocket a little stronger and deliver the ball, or he will lose confidence and it will go downhill fast. He is young enough it really could go either way.

To be fair, there isnt a single QB we have played that didnt look uncomfortable. Our coverage has been excellent, guys are blanketed, and our pass rush comes from everywhere all at once. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Ford, all have 3 sacks. Solomon Thomas has 2. I believe Ronald Blair has 2 as well. Its incredible what this group is doing. 

• Like 2