Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Seemed to me that mcvay knew that goff was going to be pressured a lot today, and also knows he hasnt done well when pressured. They ran the ball 7 or 8 times to start the game and scored their only TD without throwing a pass. I honestly thought we were going to lose when that happened. 

unfortunately for the rams, throwing under pressure is not something you can really practice because its different when you know guys cant hit you. 

This can go one of two ways for them, he can learn to stand in the pocket a little stronger and deliver the ball, or he will lose confidence and it will go downhill fast. He is young enough it really could go either way.

To be fair, there isnt a single QB we have played that didnt look uncomfortable. Our coverage has been excellent, guys are blanketed, and our pass rush comes from everywhere all at once. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Ford, all have 3 sacks. Solomon Thomas has 2. I believe Ronald Blair has 2 as well. Its incredible what this group is doing. 

Stop giving credit to our Defense, why can’t 5 straight QBs we’ve played against have their worse games against us?

2 hours ago, N4L said:
3 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Stop giving credit to our Defense, why can’t 5 straight QBs we’ve played against have their worse games against us?

because we havent played any good QBs yet? *winky face*

While I do believe the 49ers Defense is Legit (so we're clear), you really haven't though. Just saying.

Winston, Dalton, Rudolph, Baker, Goff aren't exactly lighting the NFL on fire this year, unless they're playing each others Defenses. 

Now if you're still doing this to Wilson x2, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Jackson,  even Murray x2 as a Rookie I guess? By all means Boast away and enjoy the hell out of the Playoffs!!!

Goff hasn't been the problem. He hasn't been the solution and hasn't been great, but if you fix the offensive line and the playcalling, you fix Goff. 

It's impossible to get into a rhythm when you get hit every time you drop back. He's definitely missed some throws when he has had time, but getting pressured that much throws off you're mental clock and gets you feeling ghosts when they aren't there.

And Mcvay needs to get it together. It's like one week Goff drops back 70 times, the next he has 9 pass attempts halfway through the 3rd quarter. It's really not hard to balance passing and rushing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Seemed to me that mcvay knew that goff was going to be pressured a lot today, and also knows he hasnt done well when pressured. They ran the ball 7 or 8 times to start the game and scored their only TD without throwing a pass. I honestly thought we were going to lose when that happened. 

unfortunately for the rams, throwing under pressure is not something you can really practice because its different when you know guys cant hit you. 

This can go one of two ways for them, he can learn to stand in the pocket a little stronger and deliver the ball, or he will lose confidence and it will go downhill fast. He is young enough it really could go either way.

To be fair, there isnt a single QB we have played that didnt look uncomfortable. Our coverage has been excellent, guys are blanketed, and our pass rush comes from everywhere all at once. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Ford, all have 3 sacks. Solomon Thomas has 2. I believe Ronald Blair has 2 as well. Its incredible what this group is doing. 

Yea I know, it ticks me off how good you guys are.  I had this game a W for us before the season, now I’m thinking it’s gonna be a L, especially with our oline randomly not showing up to play some games.

11 minutes ago, JonStark said:

And Mcvay needs to get it together. It's like one week Goff drops back 70 times, the next he has 9 pass attempts halfway through the 3rd quarter. It's really not hard to balance passing and rushing.

He might have lost this game in his head before kick off. The playcalling suggests a possible crapping the bed scenario. Good defenses must do that to offensive coaches.

Edited by Hunter2_1

The Rams have Atlanta and Cincinnati coming up. Goff can pass on them. However, it doesn't seem like that offense is going to go anywhere consistently until the offensive line is fixed. And they lost another starter in the 49ers game, don't know for how long. Don't think Goff seeing the bench is the answer at all.  He's 24. Everyone knows what Bortles is, and his ceiling. 

Edited by PapaShogun

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He might have lost this game in his head before kick off. The playcalling suggests a possible crapping the bed scenario. Good defenses must do that to offensive coaches.

I have no idea what's going on with him since the Superbowl, but he needs to get it fixed. 

I honestly believe he will, but man is it frustrating to watch right now. 

Bigger disappointment : Baker Mayfield or Jared Goff? 

Going into the season you wouldn’t be surprised to see their name as potential MVP candidates. It’s amazing how quickly things change in this league. At least the Browns aren’t saddled with a $100 million contract with Baker. 

7 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Going into the season you wouldn’t be surprised to see their name as potential MVP candidates. It’s amazing how quickly things change in this league. At least the Browns aren’t saddled with a $100 million contract with Baker. 

It's amazing how much an offensive line matters to a QB. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Got to be Baker, hasn't it? The hype and more resting on his shoulders. With Goff, we knew he lived and died by McVay, but Baker was on his own....the one charged with being THE QB of Cleveland, finally. 

Both have been let down by other circumstances, it's not ALL on them of course, but I think Baker promised more.