Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

31 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

So because Watson scored 7 against a worse defense at home that is evidence he could score more against the Pats in the playoffs? And that 7 was when the game was already out of hand. Had the Pats been up 21, Rams might have been able to get a meaningless TD. We would have had a meaningless FG if Zuerlein made the 47 yarder.

Watson presents different challenges to NE, challenges that we generally struggle with more. He probably still has a below par game against that defense we put out, but I bet he scores a TD at least on it

• Like 2

I doubt he gets benched.

But that contract is already looking really bad. Especially when the Rams really didn't need to give him an extension as early as they did.

The combination of Goff/Gurley eating up so much of the cap and not actually being that good and having no first round picks anytime soon could really sink the Rams for years to come.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Watson presents different challenges to NE, challenges that we generally struggle with more. He probably still has a below par game against that defense we put out, but I bet he scores a TD at least on it

It's all hypothetical. I also think if the Rams play that Pats team 10 times score a TD in the bulk of them. I just think it is the silliest thing to say that because Watson did something in the regular season that he will definitely do it in the playoffs where in his only playoff appearance he has been significantly worse than his regular season self.

It would be like to argue that the Rams win the SB last year if we had Bortles because he put up 31 points in week 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So which contract looks worse right now?

Jared Goff 

Or

Todd Gurley 

Goff's is the most handicapping contract in the NFL, as it turns out. Biggest cap hit in all of football next year (so I've read) and he's delivering a bowl of sh for his team. 

I guess I can't blame them too much because this is the way the market was going, and you can't be without a QB, especially one you've already invested so much into....but.......well it's like spending ferrari money on a mondeo. Elite of all elite money to a solid/alright/decent/flawed type player.

Edited by Hunter2_1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I can see Ram fans are starting to use the bad OL and bad playcalling excuse that Titan fans used for Mariota... It’s like clockwork with these bad QBs

Not sure if you actually watched all of the Rams games this year or are just trying to lazily associate one situation to another because they seem similar, but that's absolutely not an excuse. It's what's happening. 

Out of curiosity, how closely have you watched the Rams this year? 

28 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Would be interesting to see how a poll for best QB from the 2016 draft would go right now since the answer has seemingly changed each season since 2016.

It's Dak. All have had moments where they have excelled and looked like the best of the trio, but he's the only one going in the right direction. 

But really it is clear that all need great supporting casts to truly excel....Which is pretty much the case with every good/very good QB. Only the true great ones are able to overcome deficiencies around them.