Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

@stl4life07 

you say that people can't suddenly say Goff is horrible, but what about me who has been saying since like week 8 last year that he is overrated because he has an elite OL etc etc? 

I've been saying goff is worse under pressure than other QBs over that same time frame as well. 

I called the regression, sooo can I say that he's a bad QB? 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

@stl4life07 

you say that people can't suddenly say Goff is horrible, but what about me who has been saying since like week 8 last year that he is overrated because he has an elite OL etc etc? 

I've been saying goff is worse under pressure than other QBs over that same time frame as well. 

I think the bigger point is both spectrums are incorrect. Saying he gets a free pass now isn't fair. It's also not fair to act like the past 2 seasons didn't happen and he just sucks. 

What we are seeing now is if you are a Goff hater you believe this is the QB he is and if you are a Goff believer then you are saying he will turn it around. We've seen way more good Goff performances than bad ones the past 3 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elky said:

In the past three games, Goff hasn't tossed a single touchdown and has thrown five interceptions.

I think you need context behind it. Against the Bears in Week 11 which was two games ago Goff had a big td pass to Reynolds that was wiped out due to a penalty on Whitworth. Another potential td was taken off the board when Goff threw a big td to Kupp but Kupp foot was barely stepped out of bounds at the 2yd line as he was trying to stretch into the endzone. Then we look at both situations at the goaline where the Rams just handed it to Gurley at the 2 and Brown at the 5 and they both punch it in. Nobody was saying this last season when Goff would be at the goaline and do a little touch pass to one of his receivers in motion across the formation and score a td that would count as a td pass. Which btw McVay doesnt even run that play anymore. So again use context. In the same way someone will say if a QB doesnt turn the ball over much yet if you watch the game you will see he shouldve had a bunch of turnovers but got bailed out because defenders dropped interceptions and didnt recover fumbles. In the same way you can say a receiver doesnt score many tds but how many times that receiver got tackled at the one yard line or get interfered with on a play that he was getting open for a potential td. So use some context. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think you need context behind it. Against the Bears in Week 11 which was two games ago Goff had a big td pass to Reynolds that was wiped out due to a penalty on Whitworth. Another potential td was taken off the board when Goff threw a big td to Kupp but Kupp foot was barely stepped out of bounds at the 2yd line as he was trying to stretch into the endzone. Then we look at both situations at the goaline where the Rams just handed it to Gurley at the 2 and Brown at the 5 and they both punch it in. Nobody was saying this last season when Goff would be at the goaline and do a little touch pass to one of his receivers in motion across the formation and score a td that would count as a td pass. Which btw McVay doesnt even run that play anymore. So again use context. In the same way someone will say if a QB doesnt turn the ball over much yet if you watch the game you will see he shouldve had a bunch of turnovers but got bailed out because defenders dropped interceptions and didnt recover fumbles. In the same way you can say a receiver doesnt score many tds but how many times that receiver got tackled at the one yard line or get interfered with on a play that he was getting open for a potential td. So use some context. 

Drops and penalties are part of the game

7 hours ago, N4L said:

@stl4life07 

You can say what ever you want to say. Overrated doesnt mean bad. Last season I dont think Goff was overrated just because he was carrying a team that defense was playing poorly. The Rams defense wasnt playing well. The Rams had to win in shootouts. Yet Goff and that offense carried the team to (13-3). Look at the Saints for example. When they had a poor defense even with Brees they went 3 straight seasons of (7-9) and missing the playoffs before they fixed their defense to start winning 10+ games a season. So what Goff and that offense did last season with a defense that was just bad was remarkable. You know it. Dak is overrated this season because his stats are really good but the team is (6-5) and hasnt beaten a team with a pulse. What Goff did last season he certainly wasnt overrated. Then if anything it showed me what he is made of. Didnt plenty of people came into the season expecting the Rams to fail? They said the Rams arent sneaking up on people. The locker room has so many big personalities. Expectations are too high. For them to still go (13-3) and then go to the Superbowl even with Gurley limping to the finish line, getting Anderson off the street, no Kupp, missing Talib for most of the season, and Peters had his struggles which some of that had to do with his injury I believe because when he got hurt we all thought season ending but he manage to not miss a game. Like Goff had (7) 4th quarter/OT comebacks last season including going into New Orleans and beating them in the playoffs. Thats not overrated to me. 

This season he is having a down year because unlike last season he doesnt have a solid oline, heck the line doesnt even have continuity. The Rams was a top 5 rushing team last season and this season they are in the 20s. So poor oline play and no running game like you cant expect Goff to play even decent under these circumstances. Then McVay doesnt do him any favors when Gurley finally is running well like he did in the 3rd Quarter against the Steelers in a 2pts game in the 4th but McVay decides not to give Gurley a touch in the 4th.  

9 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Drops and penalties are part of the game

Oh I know. But even with that like we go to that penalty that took a td off the board that Goff threw to Reynolds, what did Goff do after that? He led his team down the field to set them up on the 5yd line where he handed it to Brown who got the big td to ice the game against the Bears. Now it doesnt count as a td for Goff but he had alot to do with them being in that position. Same can be said in the Seattle game where Goff put the Rams in position to win but Zeurlein missed the FG. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

You can say what ever you want to say. Overrated doesnt mean bad. Last season I dont think Goff was overrated just because he was carrying a team that defense was playing poorly. The Rams defense wasnt playing well. The Rams had to win in shootouts. Yet Goff and that offense carried the team to (13-3). Look at the Saints for example. When they had a poor defense even with Brees they went 3 straight seasons of (7-9) and missing the playoffs before they fixed their defense to start winning 10+ games a season. So what Goff and that offense did last season with a defense that was just bad was remarkable. You know it. Dak is overrated this season because his stats are really good but the team is (6-5) and hasnt beaten a team with a pulse. What Goff did last season he certainly wasnt overrated. Then if anything it showed me what he is made of. Didnt plenty of people came into the season expecting the Rams to fail? They said the Rams arent sneaking up on people. The locker room has so many big personalities. Expectations are too high. For them to still go (13-3) and then go to the Superbowl even with Gurley limping to the finish line, getting Anderson off the street, no Kupp, missing Talib for most of the season, and Peters had his struggles which some of that had to do with his injury I believe because when he got hurt we all thought season ending but he manage to not miss a game. Like Goff had (7) 4th quarter/OT comebacks last season including going into New Orleans and beating them in the playoffs. Thats not overrated to me. 

This season he is having a down year because unlike last season he doesnt have a solid oline, heck the line doesnt even have continuity. The Rams was a top 5 rushing team last season and this season they are in the 20s. So poor oline play and no running game like you cant expect Goff to play even decent under these circumstances. Then McVay doesnt do him any favors when Gurley finally is running well like he did in the 3rd Quarter against the Steelers in a 2pts game in the 4th but McVay decides not to give Gurley a touch in the 4th.  

Goff was good last year, no question.  But you can’t compare that defensive unit with the Saints historically bad units.  The Rams were below average in points given up, and top 3 in takeaways.  Not to mention, they were excellent in the postseason holding both Brees and Brady to low points.  That defense isn’t even close to as bad as the Saints 7-9 defenses.

19 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Goff was good last year, no question.  But you can’t compare that defensive unit with the Saints historically bad units.  The Rams were below average in points given up, and top 3 in takeaways.  Not to mention, they were excellent in the postseason holding both Brees and Brady to low points.  That defense isn’t even close to as bad as the Saints 7-9 defenses.

Yeah I agree the Saints defense was historically bad but what Im saying was the Rams defense wasnt good last season. They had the talent and thats why I never gave up on them and thought they would turn things around when it mattered the most. I just saw them giving up too many big plays last season and couldnt stop the run at all. They were last in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt. Thats with Suh. People said when Suh left the Rams defense would get worst and low and behold they have gotten better especially against the run. But yeah like Im just pointing out that for a young QB who constantly had to win shootouts last season where 8 times in the regular season the Rams won games decided by one score. People remember Goff leading the go ahead td drive in the Chiefs game to help the Rams win. People remember the 4th and 1 against the Seahawks where Goff picked it up to ice that game. Even in the playoffs when Dallas made a run in the 2nd half to make things interesting, it was Goff who picked up that key first down on a QB run to ice the game. Against the Saints, Goff was clutch trailing by 3pts in the 4th quarter then in OT. So like again for anyone just questioning Goff because he is having a down season due to poor line play, little to no running game, alot of questionable playcalling by McVay in games, like I dont know what to tell you.