Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Excellent post. I have been saying ^^^ for over 14 months now. He's had an amazing OL and mcvay has schemed open guys. He's great when he has time and his WRs are open lol

I keep saying that Goff is who the rams drafted Bradford to be. Stylistically, they are similar except Goff doesn't have the injury history

McVay was not scheming guys open. When he’s on, Goff has amazing accuracy.  

He can fit the ball in the tightest of windows. 

Every QB is good when his OL gives him time but when Goff has a great line then he’s at elite level  which is better than most QBs 

Goff’s problems are reading defenses post snap which is why a great OL helped him buy time until his guys were open. He would already know where he wanted to go pre snap. But he’s gotten much better at not doing that as of late  

the reason for his interceptions are because he was in love with the big play. He would force it to get huge yards rather than dump it to the outlet or checkdown. He’s also improved on those recently 

He’s a better QB now than he was late last year. Looking at the tape, I’m seeing a different Goff the last two weeks compared to the one before 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

McVay was not scheming guys open. 

McVay hasn't been scheming guys open as much this year as he was last year and the year before that, but lets not pretend that he doesn't scheme guys open lol 

7 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

When he’s on, Goff has amazing accuracy.  

He can fit the ball in the tightest of windows. 

Every QB is good when his OL gives him time but when Goff has a great line then he’s at elite level  which is better than most QBs 

Im not disputing his ability to throw the ball when he has time and has his feet set. #1 overall pick for a reason

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Goff’s problems are reading defenses post snap which is why a great OL helped him buy time until his guys were open. He would already know where he wanted to go pre snap. But he’s gotten much better at not doing that as of late  

the reason for his interceptions are because he was in love with the big play. He would force it to get huge yards rather than dump it to the outlet or checkdown. He’s also improved on those recently 

His accuracy has been inconsistent this year though. He has a super slow release and when his internal clock was speeding up, he was missing throws. Look at the Cleveland game for example. Lots of errant throws in that game

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s a better QB now than he was late last year. Looking at the tape, I’m seeing a different Goff the last two weeks compared to the one before

Helps when you play Arizona lol he has certainly found his mojo again though. No coincidence the OL has played a lot better these last two weeks. It will be interesting to see how that OL does against the niners DL this time around

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Helps when you play Arizona lol he has certainly found his mojo again though. No coincidence the OL has played a lot better these last two weeks. It will be interesting to see how that OL does against the niners DL this time around

I used to play QB in high school and college.  The worst pressure is for a pocket QB is interior pressure 

Goff faced a lot of interior pressure this season. Now it’s gotten better but that’s because of the OL changes AND Goff is getting rid of the ball faster on shorter routes. 

I do agree he has a little longer of a windup which he needs to work on in the offseason  

Hes also bootlegging more and finding guys on the run. 

Thats not all because of the OL. Goff is a much better QB than he’s getting credit for. 

He just needs to stop forcing the ball on some throws 

Most of you guys crack me up. When the offense is good it’s because of McVay and OL. But when it’s bad it’s because of Goff

Keep in mind our OL is a 37 year old LT Whitworth, a cast away from the Browns of all teams, two rookies, and Austin Blythe

Goff needs more credit 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I used to play QB in high school and college.  The worst pressure is for a pocket QB is interior pressure 

Goff faced a lot of interior pressure this season. Now it’s gotten better but that’s because of the OL changes AND Goff is getting rid of the ball faster on shorter routes. 

The point that @Broncofan made was that he is more susceptible to pressure than other QBs, which I agree with. I have been saying this since last season. Goff is less equipped to handle pressure than other QBs. 

Most of you guys crack me up. When the offense is good it’s because of McVay and OL. But when it’s bad it’s because of Goff

That's not what I am saying at all but I can see how it gets misconstrued. Goff is a really good QB when he has time in the pocket. When he has a bad OL that isn't giving him time, he is unable to do much about it. McVay did a poor job earlier in the year working around the fact the OL was not playing well, but it seems that there have been adjustments made and the offense is starting to find its rhythm again. 

Keep in mind our OL is a 37 year old LT Whitworth, a cast away from the Browns of all teams, two rookies, and Austin Blythe

Goff needs more credit 

Your OL was playing poorly this year, but lets not forget that it was a top 5 unit the last two years. If Goff doesn't deserve any blame for his struggles this year as you are insinuating, then he shouldn't get all of the credit for his success the last two years when he had an elite OL, incredible run game, weapons galore, and a "genius" offensive coach calling plays. 

Hes a young QB who is still developing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

The point that @Broncofan made was that he is more susceptible to pressure than other QBs, which I agree with. I have been saying this since last season. Goff is less equipped to handle pressure than other QBs. 

That's not what I am saying at all but I can see how it gets misconstrued. Goff is a really good QB when he has time in the pocket. When he has a bad OL that isn't giving him time, he is unable to do much about it. McVay did a poor job earlier in the year working around the fact the OL was not playing well, but it seems that there have been adjustments made and the offense is starting to find its rhythm again. 

Your OL was playing poorly this year, but lets not forget that it was a top 5 unit the last two years. If Goff doesn't deserve any blame for his struggles this year as you are insinuating, then he shouldn't get all of the credit for his success the last two years when he had an elite OL, incredible run game, weapons galore, and a "genius" offensive coach calling plays. 

Hes a young QB who is still developing. 

Goff absolutely deserves blame. But not as much as everyone is placing on him 

• Like 2

I dunno if goff is throwing faster than before but he definitely is finding his TEs a lot better now than earlier in the season which has benefited everybody and made the offense become a lot more lethal. 

i didnt read entire thread but the title cracks me up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

How is this still a thread? It should be locked for trolling. Guy got an O-Line and a running game back and what do ya know, he looks like a Pro Bowler again

lolwut

He had a good game against ARI's terrible pass defense and a good first half against the Seahawks = He looks like a pro bowler? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Soggust said:

lolwut

He had a good game against ARI's terrible pass defense and a good first half against the Seahawks = He looks like a pro bowler? 

In fairness, once you get through the alternates, people declining, etc, half the conference quarterbacks are pro bowlers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

lolwut

He had a good game vs Ari. He really only had 1 int vs. Seattle because the first one was on Woods. 

Point is, the idea of him being benched is nonsensical. People rarely watch Rams games and just consume hot takes from ESPN/FS1 analysts who get better ratings out of ripping players and using hyperbole vs. having a normal conversation. It's not a coincedence that Goff's play and the Rams W/L column is directly correlated to how our O-line and in turn running game has performed.

• Like 1

Goff is the weakest player for Los Angeles.  

He is the sole reason LA lost the Super Bowl.  

McVay still thinks he can win with him.  

I would have felt much more confident in New England losing another Super Bowl if it were Drew Brees and New Orleans instead of the way it turned out.  

55 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Goff is the weakest player for Los Angeles. 

No he's not.

He is the sole reason LA lost the Super Bowl.  

No he wasn't.

McVay still thinks he can win with him.  

Probably a smart way of thinking.

57 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I would have felt much more confident in New England losing another Super Bowl if it were Drew Brees and New Orleans instead of the way it turned out.  

Alright?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

lolwut

Weird 2 games to pick. Yes in those games he looked like a definite pro bowler. I don't care how bad Arizona is, there haven't been others this year that have hung 400 passing yards on them in 3 quarters. Certainly doesn't mean anything if he doesn't keep it up but his play has been encouraging.

But yes, the entire premise of the thread was idiotic. 

• Like 2