Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

And yet that's exactly what this thread is 29 pages of insanity. 

I know it's the title of the thread, and the actual notion may have come and gone depending on the week, but I think the overall gist of the conversation is discussing Goff as a QB in general

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Please stick to the topic instead of trying to derail it with your own personal gripes. Do you see Goff as the long term answer still for the Rams?

The topic is will Goff be benched. That discussion is over because he wasn't. Just like the Kamara discussion is over because he's not the best back in his own division much less the NFL. 

I'd have an honest discussion about Goff if the motives were pure but yours are clearly not based on the timing of your post. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

To stick to the topic at hand, yes I do see Goff as the long term answer for the Rams. 

I would imagine he would be around longer for the Rams than Brees for the saints. 

That's an incredibly low bar though. I'm guessing Brees is gone this year.. Think Teddy gets his turn as our starter after going undefeated as a starting QB this year.

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The topic is will Goff be benched. That discussion is over because he wasn't. Just like the Kamara discussion is over because he's not the best back in his own division much less the NFL. 

I'd have an honest discussion about Goff if the motives were pure but yours are clearly not based on the timing of your post. 

The motives are pure, I truly have doubts about Goff being the guy at QB. We are heading into another year of Goff's career and have yet to have a decent grasp of who he is as a QB. If you look at the draft class prior to Goff this is around the time in their career the top 2 picks in Winston/Mariota got benched at times, and started seeing some true criticism for not taking their game to the next level do to their inconsistent performances.

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

The motives are pure, I truly have doubts about Goff being the guy at QB. We are heading into another year of Goff's career and have yet to have a decent grasp of who he is as a QB. If you look at the draft class prior to Goff this is around the time in their career the top 2 picks in Winston/Mariota got benched at times, and started seeing some true criticism for not taking their game to the next level do to their inconsistent performances.

You talk so loud. Get beat go mia and come back like nothing. You’re something else my guy. Guess there’s no humble pie left to eat. 

Goff has been a top 10 QBs and will rebound as he has Sean Mcvay. Super down year but I see the rams bouncing back in a big way. You should know about down years. Brees and Peyton have bolstered a ton. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

The motives are pure, I truly have doubts about Goff being the guy at QB. We are heading into another year of Goff's career and have yet to have a decent grasp of who he is as a QB.

I think that's probably the most fair way to put it.

13 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

You talk so loud. Get beat go mia and come back like nothing. You’re something else my guy. Guess there’s no humble pie left to eat. 

Practice what you preach there bud. The Rams finished 3rd in their division, but that hasn't slowed your chirping down lol. 

13 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Goff has been a top 10 QBs and will rebound as he has Sean Mcvay. Super down year but I see the rams bouncing back in a big way. You should know about down years. Brees and Peyton have bolstered a ton. 

Brees however was never outside of a top 5 QB in those down years. Goff this year was statistically comparable to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hey but if you wanna drink that Goff koolaid and pretend nothing is wrong have at it.

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Practice what you preach there bud. The Rams finished 3rd in their division, but that hasn't slowed your chirping down lol. 

Brees however was never outside of a top 5 QB in those down years. Goff this year was statistically comparable to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hey but if you wanna drink that Goff koolaid and pretend nothing is wrong have at it.

Homey what are you saying lol. I’m not out here saying that’s what SB teams do. Hold that L son. 

I love Goff.. Dudes accuracy and touch are what’s needed out of a franchise QB. Im

not sure why you and a Seahawks fan even diss him. He shreds your teams like nothing. Y’all should hate him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

2 out of the 4. He was pretty damm good in 17. I say so. Best offense in the NFL

I forgot about his actual rookie year.  I'll give you two out of three where he's been really good, actually.  I'm not going to count his rookie year against him because he didn't play in a lot of games and the team was just really bad that year.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I forgot about his actual rookie year.  I'll give you two out of three where he's been really good, actually.  I'm not going to count his rookie year against him because he didn't play in a lot of games and the team was just really bad that year.

That’s what I’m saying. He has a high ceiling but this year was just pretty damm ugly for all ends. The hangover was real.. They didn’t have the experience to deal with it. It’s a very young team with a young core. 

• Like 1