Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

11 hours ago, VanS said:

You only call it absurb cause we can't run the simulation to see what would happen if you gave Watson (or any other supremely talented QB) Belichek for his entire career.   If Matt Cassel can go 11-5 with Belichek, I'm sure Watson could win one additional game and get the Patriots to 12-4 which is pretty much what the Patriots average with Brady every year.  I don't think its controversial to say Watson can win one more game a season than Matt Cassel.

You can get fooled by team accomplishments all you want when it comes to rating individual players.  That's not something I do.  I look solely at a player's individual talent when rating them as a player.   I don't give guys more credit because they have great teammates and coaches helping them.

This is so dumb lmao.

We are talking about more PHYSICALLY talented QBs. Not about overall more talented QBs. There are none more talented than Brady in the history of football.

Belichick is a sub .500 career coach without Brady but sure nitpick one season when Cassell TOOK OVER A 18-1 SQUAD. This is hilariously bad.

You just compared the 2008 level talent with the average NEP roster talent. A lot of QBs could win a lot of games with the 2008 team. ESPECIALLY WHEN FACING THE WEAKEST SCHEDULE IN A LONG TIME.

Cassell would have been completely hopeless on most other NEP squads but this doesn't seem to fit your AGENDA AT ALL.

Let's actually keep it FACTUAL.

Belichick is a 77% win coach with Brady and a sub 50% without.

You have to do  A LOT better to win any argument regarding this topic on here.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VanS said:

With that said, lots of QBs have been more talented than Brady.  Even he would admit that.  And Belichek definitely knows that which is why he never pays Brady top dollar.

You should educate yourself first who is the driving force behind the numbers on Brady's contract. It's embarrassing how you are exposing yourself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

You should educate yourself first who is the driving force behind the numbers on Brady's contract. It's embarrassing how you are exposing yourself.

Have you ever listened to Chris Simms before?  He's an analyst on NBC Sports.  He worked for the Patriots before joining the media and has talked openly about his experiences there.

He said last year on a podcast he used to host for Bleacher Reports ("Simms and Lefkoe") that inside the Patriots organization the coaches know that there are many QBs they could plug into their system in place of Brady and have the same success.  Brady knows that as well.  That's why Brady gets paid below what most outside the organization think.  I know you want to assume its because of his rich wife or that he's not selfish.  Chris Simms (a former NFL player who worked for that organization) says otherwise.  He said Belichek has a number in mind that he values Brady at.  If Brady wanted something that was much higher, Belichek would replace him.   And Brady knows it.   That's why he always runs to Robert Kraft when he wants something and not Belichek.

The coaches in the Patriots organization are more in line with my assesment of Brady than yours.

Edited by VanS

Just now, VanS said:

Have you ever listened to Chris Simms before?  He's an analyst on NBC Sports.  He worked for the Patriots before joining the media and has talked openly about his experiences there.

He said last year on a podcast he used to host for Bleacher Reports ("Simms and Lefkoe") that inside the Patriots organization the coaches know that there are many QBs they could plug into their system in place of Brady and have the same success.  Brady knows that as well.  That's why Brady gets paid below what most outside the organization think.  I know you want to assume its because of his rich wife or that he's not selfish.  Chris Simms (a former NFL player who worked for that organization) says otherwise.  He said Belichek has a number in mind that he values Brady at.  If Brady wanted something that was much higher, Bekichek would replace him.  

The coaches in the Patriots organization are more in line with my assesment of Brady than yours.

You mean the system... that has changed probably half a dozen times in his career? Right. He takes less because he doesn't need the money with Giselle and that money can go back to making the rest of his team better and giving him a chance to even further ascend his legacy.

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

He said last year on a podcast he used to host for Bleacher Reports ("Simms and Lefkoe") that inside the Patriots organization the coaches know that there are many QBs they could plug into their system in place of Brady and have the same success.  Brady knows that as well.  That's why Brady gets paid below what most outside the organization think.  I know you want to assume its because of his rich wife or that he's not selfish.  Chris Simms (a former NFL player who worked for that organization) says otherwise.  He said Belichek has a number in mind that he values Brady at.  If Brady wanted something that was much higher, Belichek would replace him.   And Brady knows it.   That's why he always runs to Robert Kraft when he wants something and not Belichek.

what's this great system called? why doesn't it have a name and why doesn't everyone copy it if it's so great and and can plug any QB in?

And no, Chris Simms doesn't have a clue either. He is just another one of those guys who looks at the wrong attributes when evaluating QBs.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

You mean the system... that has changed probably half a dozen times in his career? Right. He takes less because he doesn't need the money with Giselle and that money can go back to making the rest of his team better and giving him a chance to even further ascend his legacy.

I'm simply telling you what Chris Simms said.  I've never worked for the Patriots.  I had no idea why Brady made so little.  Like you I assumed it might have to do with his wife since that's the speculation we hear from the media.  But according to someone in the know its not Brady saying he'll take less.  Its Belichek saying this is what you'll get.  Take it or leave it.   Brady being smart enough to know he won't be as successful elsewhere takes what Belichek offers him.

Just now, VanS said:

I'm simply telling you what Chris Simms said.  I've never worked for the Patriots.  I had no idea why Brady made so little.  Like you I assumed it might have to do with his wife since that's the speculation we hear from the media.  But according to someone in the know its not Brady saying he'll take less.  Its Belichek saying this is what you'll get.  Take it or leave it.   Brady being smart enough to know he won't be as successful elsewhere takes what Belichek offers him.

You're welcome to subscribe to whichever tinfoil hat conspiracy you like, but sorry I ain't buying.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

what's this great system called? why doesn't it have a name and why doesn't everyone copy it if it's so great and and can plug any QB in?

And no, Chris Simms doesn't have a clue either. He is just another one of those guys who looks at the wrong attributes when evaluating QBs.

So you're saying you know better than a guy who worked with Belichek and Brady on the dynamics of their organization?  

Chris Simms ain't perfect but I trust his opinions on things like this over people who never worked with Brady and Belichek.

Also if Belichick had "THE system" why wasn't Vinny Testeverde lighting the world on fire back in 1995? So it's something on the Patriots coaching staff, which has changed multiple times throughout Tom's career...? 

There's only one common denominator, and it's Brady, Chris Simms is just trying to have some sort of clickbait opinion or having a hot take for the sake of having a hot take.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VanS said:

So you're saying you know better than a guy who worked with Belichek and Brady on the dynamics of their organization?  

Chris Simms ain't perfect but I trust his opinions on things like this over people who never worked with Brady and Belichek.

Chris Simms is just trying to make a name for himself. If he thinks Tom is "just a system QB" then yes, I know more than he does because he's a fool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

if you are listening to Chris Simms you are already lost. 

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

You're welcome to subscribe to whichever tinfoil hat conspiracy you like, but sorry I ain't buying.

LOL.  So now its a conspiracy theory to quote what a former NFL QB who worked with Brady and Belichek had to say about his experiences there?  Stop it.  You must be a Brady fan that just doesn't like what you're hearing.

I have no reason to think Chris Simms is lying about his time with the Patriots.  He said the Patriots coaching staff views Tom Brady as replaceable.   They believe they could be just as succesful with many other QBs in his place.  Brady also knows this.  Its why he accepts Belichek's tough coaching and those paltry contracts.  

It seems to me that Brady fans have more of an ego than the man himself. 

Just now, VanS said:

LOL.  So now its a conspiracy theory to quote what a former NFL QB who worked with Brady and Belichek had to say about his experiences there?  Stop it.  You must be a Brady fan that just doesn't like what you're hearing.

I have no reason to think Chris Simms is lying about his time with the Patriots.  He said the Patriots coaching staff views Tom Brady as replaceable.   They believe they could be just as succesful with many other QBs in his place.  Brady also knows this.  Its why he accepts Belichek's tough coaching and those paltry contracts.  

It seems to me that Brady fans have more of an ego than the man himself. 

I'm an Eagles fan, so trust me, I really detest Brady, but you're just buying what some analyst says. You must also listen to Skip Bayless then right?  Chris Simms is either a liar or a lunatic. You're just a lemming who sees a controversial opinion and likes to parade it around as fact.