5 up, 5 down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Up

1. Nick Chubb continues to be a monster.

2. Myles Garrett is a monster too.

3. RSJ looks like a find.

4. The offense scored 28 points on a very good defense despite 4 turnovers.

5. Idk man, idk...

Down

1. Baker needs to play better.  He wasn’t as bad as the stats would indicate, but he wasn’t sharp.

2. The WR have been not good, and that’s being generous.  Considering the resources we’ve invested there, that’s incredibly disappointing.

3. The refs legit **** the bed. The Landry call was as bad as I’ve ever seen.  I’ll say it again, they’re ruining the game.

4. Chris Hubbard continues to struggle.  Maybe it’s time to see what someone, anyone, else can do.

5. The fans....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The important thing to remember here is you still got a sub, and that’s always in the “up” category.

Except subs are always below the water surface. Too technical? Long day confirmed. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Should be “an” Italian sub duh
  • Like 1

Everybody already covered it. 

Trying to take a positive spin looking forward, another up is the Browns and Ravens future schedules. Baltimore fans are riding the high now beating teams like Cincinnati. Looking ahead, even if we do lose to New England after the bye week, if we beat bad teams, we will be right in it. Because that’s pretty much what we play. Beat Pittsburgh, beat Baltimore. Work on improving. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Pittsburgh isn’t going to be a pushover like we think 

Yeah they fight hard. Granted, they won against an awful Bengals team and a floundering Chargers team (and really challenged the Ravens), but it's impressive considering they're down to their third string QB. If we keep making the same mistakes, then neither game against them will be easy for us.

Up:

1. Chubb - he's easily been our MVP and is a total stud.

2. Garrett - he keeps improving. What's scary is that I still don't think he's reached his potential.

3. We moved the ball well offensively. Dropped passes and turnovers just killed us. OL did their job but I still have zero trust in them against teams with even an average pass rush.

4. Defense played well in spurts. They just couldn't make key stops at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

5. Seals-Jones seems like he should be a really good backup TE at worst.

Down:

1. Turnovers. Can't commit 4 turnovers and expect to win.

2. Baker needs to play better, but the receivers need to help him out.

3. Refs. We screwed ourselves regardless of the officiating, but the refs did a damn nice job of making sure we stayed losing.

4. Freddie's play calling/clock management at the end of the half. I understood what he was trying to do, but I just totally disagree with it. Burn the clock by running the ball and at worst you settle for a FG to close the half.

5. The emotional and irrational hot takes after a loss like yesterday's...

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah they fight hard. Granted, they won against an awful Bengals team and a floundering Chargers team (and really challenged the Ravens), but it's impressive considering they're down to their third string QB. If we keep making the same mistakes, then neither game against them will be easy for us.

I think it’s possible they may lose a little of their fighting spirit if they start circling the tank over the next month or so.

Either way, if we don’t beat them we don’t deserve ish.

Up:

D line was solid Wilson is just so good at this point that he didn't get as rattled as some would at the pressure we generated

Chubb - just keep feeding this man

Offensive playcylling was up (but that's relative to last week, when it was abysmal)

The salaries of those Mike Perera Officials/rules analysts every broadcast has now, because with officiating like this, these guys are going to be kept busy

O line wasn't a liability and generally did their job 

Down:

Too many balls bounced off our players hands (many into the arms of opposing defenders)

LB corps - I know it's not the emphasis of Wilk's defense, but would we be getting gashed in the run game like the past 2 weeks with better LBs?

Untimely penalties (even the ones the officials didn't pull out of their keister)

No killer instinct - we should have put this game way out of reach by halftime

Baker had a better game, and his receivers could have helped him out more, but he still doesn't look like the same guy from last year

• Like 1

Up the referees the must have been smoking something

chubb number2in rushing in the nfl

Ol love the holes they created for chubb

kickoff returns excellent

Myles 11sacks in5games

down haslem should have had press conference and ripped the nfl and there

refs.

Edited by mtmmike
Left out