5up 5 down

3rivers

5 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

If they don't cut Moncrief, they're delusional. They'd be losing a 3rd round pick for keeping a guy they haven't even dressed for half the season.

when is this deadline and how do they get a RD3 pick if they cut him? I don't know how that all works.

@MOSteelers56 Skipper is still with the giants, so they would have to trade for him. Why not trade a RD6 or maybe RD5 pick for him? Think of is as if they would draft him in RD5 and he has a preseason in their system as he did. They already know he's good here, what are they waiting for?  What ever happened to cleaning out the locker room and maintaining  a good public image ?9_9

With regards to the Moncrief discussion, my guess is that they will keep him on the roster as long as they can (to the deadline) because of the benefit of depth. If he hasn't shown them anything consistently by then, I feel like he'll be gone, but there is no reason to cut him early.