Week 7: Chiefs at Broncos

onejayhawk

We have a short week and a date with Denver on Thursday night.

Following a very disappointing loss we get what used to be the league's best defense. So far in 2019, the Broncos have not been that good but still top 5 in yards per game and top 10 in points per game. Last year, Mahomes tortured them twice. The left handed pass will still be on replay a generation from now. FBO is not as impressed, putting the Broncos in the middle of the league through five games. 

Offensively, Denver is the first team we have played outside the top 20 in total yards and points. FBO has them at #19. 

As with Houston, injuries are a big story. More on this in a couple of days.

J

• Like 1

I think I'm looking forward to this game...the Broncos are still an enigma...not sure if we're a bottom 10 team or middle of the pack. We could easily be 4-2 or 3-3 but that doesn't really mean much considering the competition and how 2 of our games ended - Defensive penalties leading to game winning FG's.

Besides Mahomes' injuries, I believe this game comes down to Denver's Offense scoring TD's. Cheers to no injuries and clean officiating!

• Like 1

Shocker:

• Sammy Watkins (hamstring) has been ruled out for Thursday night's Week 7 game against the Broncos.

Watkins will miss essentially his third straight game despite early-week optimism regarding his chances this week. The Chiefs will again roll with Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, and Demarcus Robinson in Watkins' absence.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:11 PM 

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Breeland also not flying with team to Denver for personal reasons.

Claiborne / Ward / Fenton. Could be all we have at CB

I'm assuming we go safety heavy if that's the case. Let Ward and Claiborne handle the perimeter. Use Mathieu on the quicker slot guys. Sorensen on dime sets. Thornhill and Lucas as the deep safeties.

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Shocker:

• Sammy Watkins (hamstring) has been ruled out for Thursday night's Week 7 game against the Broncos.

Watkins will miss essentially his third straight game despite early-week optimism regarding his chances this week. The Chiefs will again roll with Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, and Demarcus Robinson in Watkins' absence.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:11 PM 

I'm pretty tired of Sammy. Always hurt. Bad hamstrings. He's dead weight on the roster IMO. Somehow we gotta let him go and give our other WR's his time, targets and money.

• Like 2

Fairly easy choices for the inactives today with a whole ward full of injured warriors ...

Hopefully the long week next does help them out ... with 5 starters missing no team will be very good ... and it's getting close even in the division.