Week 7: Chiefs at Broncos

onejayhawk

2 minutes ago, heafstaag said:

How about that D?

Honestly didn't think they had it in them. Even against a bad offense.

I hope Spags sticks with this gameplan the rest of the year. The LBs were closer to the LOS basically all game, they blitzed far more than we have all year, we let the DL, LBs, and box Ss play aggressively, and trusted the corners and deep S to do their jobs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The braces they have are pretty damn good nowadays.

It's all just speculation though. Without knowing ligament damage we know nothing. I've dislocated my knee a handful of times in my life. There have been times where it was slid back into place, I walked it off, was fine for years without surgery. Then once I had to go to the hospital, have surgery like 2 days later, and could barely walk for two months. We just don't know. He could play the next game, he could be out until after the bye, he could miss the next preseason, it's really just impossible to say.

Very true,  I actually have one of those braces.  Had my knee snapped back into place after a basketball injury a year ago.    Time will tell,  I know they’ll be smart enough to ease him back no matter how much Patrick tells them he’s playing

There was a new level of mean in the defense this week. We have been waiting for them to stop looking indecisive and start hitting. It's about time they did it.

Perhaps not coincidentally, we had a run of good OL and/or good QB across the field. This was the first time we could dare them to beat us throwing.

J

Just popped in for the final 10minutes  .. 5 AM wakeup call ...

Looks like this was a completely different game compared to the last with a dominating defense. Good to see.
Read about the Mahomes injury - keeping fingers crossed.

Just wondering how the OL did. Looks like they fared well in pass protection, but sucked hot air again in run blocking (that's what I saw towards the end and what the stats seem to support ... take away the McCoy 22 yd scamper towards the end and they got 58 yards on 26 attempts ... about 2.2 yds a try). 

You could tell theyre tired of all the smack talk by everybody. Hitchebs eaoecually was a beast. The defense has been missing a decisive lb.

Is it sustainable against an Aaron Rodgers or a Deshaun Watson? Well see next week. Even Sutton had good defensive games against bad offenses.