Things to fix on the bye: REALISTIC

MWil23

56 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Before we decide to just give up and cave to the redskins for Trent Williams let’s not forget that he is 31 years old and while still good has not been the poster child for being healthy 

Indeed. However-- not having a capable OT on the roster is quite literally destructing this entire offense on a weekly basis.

I would no trade early picks for him but I would entertain a player for player trade. Like others have mentioned make Njoku for Trent Williams if the Browns know they are not going to pick up Njokus option.

Baker has to get his eyes right. Ryan Lindley had one of the worst eyes and slow mental triggers when he played. Maybe he was coached right but couldn't translate it to the field, but he's not the guy that give me confidence as a coach (hope I'm wrong).

Perfect example of how Baker's just not seeing things clearly and just locking on to stuff instead of recognizing stuff pre-snap and reading/seeing things clearly post-snap.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:23 AM, Mind Character said:

It amazes me that they thought they'd just put it all together at Training Camp and be some super team without time on task.

I get that OBJ was in France and Baker was getting married and shooting commercials, and I definitely believe players should enjoy their off-season, but to be Next Level like the Great QB WR tandems you have to put in Next Level work and Sacrifice.

Michael Thomas and Drew Brees rented a house and left their significant others and loved one's for 1 and half weeks in the off-season just to do a film and route chemistry boot camp. This is after they already are "on the same page" with years of time on task and reps. Alvin Kamara came by for 4 days as did other receivers.

Peyton Manning use to do similar stuff with with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and his receivers for more than 2 weeks.

Deshaun Watson, Nuk Hopkins, and Fuller lived at the facility this offseason and took trips together to ATL on the weekend to visit each others families and decompress then flew back to the facility to grind film and work on chemistry again when the work week started.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Baker, OBJ, Jarvis and co. have to have it in their mind that in order to beat the elite you have to outwork or at least match the time put in by the elite... and I'm not talking about a throwing session or two where camera crews are flown out to film everything.

None of them were ready for the season and it shows.

Shame on them.

9 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Before we decide to just give up and cave to the redskins for Trent Williams let’s not forget that he is 31 years old and while still good has not been the poster child for being healthy 

Personally I think giving up much of anything for him would be a waste.

Dorsey should tell Kitchens to get back to what worked last season when we didn't have Williams.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Dorsey should tell Kitchens to get back to what worked last season when we didn't have Williams.

Yeah, we dont want to be a risoner to the moment. 

The rams dont have depth and it is hurting, and there bad contracts are hurting. 

you cant be player first, you have to be team first in the build. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

He’s old, injury prone and one of the best in the league when healthy. He also has a significant salary as well.  I can appreciate they want a first, but there’s no way I’m coming off that pick.

The biggest issue for me compensation wise is his age.  How much longer does he want to/plan on playing? If he’s thinking another year or two, that’s not a small deal.  If he’s looking to play as long as he can, then I may be willing to go higher.

If he’s trying to play until he can’t any longer, I’d probably do a 2.  If he’s not sure, unwilling to commit past the next couple season?  A 3 and a day 3 pick.