Nagy "hopes" Hicks will return this year

beardown3231

14 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Why didn't they put him on IR then?

Why has Long been playing, despite them saying he was injured?

Why did Roquan play despite what ever happened not being cleared up?

Why is there no identity on offense yet the HC is an offensive one?

Why does the team come out up prepared time and time again after a long break?

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I assumed he would already be on IR by now, so hopefully we get to see him come back for a playoff push. 

Some sort of move needs made to improve the interior DL though. Need more physicality there immediately. 

The issue is that you can't replace Hicks without giving up draft capital the Bears don't have. The Bears D was good enough to throttle the Viking's Run O without Hicks. So i am guessing that they are somewhere between the minny and Oakland games without Hicks. The Bears defense has to be good enough to make up for the loss of Hicks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TB 1 said:

The issue is that you can't replace Hicks without giving up draft capital the Bears don't have. The Bears D was good enough to throttle the Viking's Run O without Hicks. So i am guessing that they are somewhere between the minny and Oakland games without Hicks. The Bears defense has to be good enough to make up for the loss of Hicks.

3-4 defense also requires a pretty specific kind of lineman, too. Far from plug and play. Big reason why it isn't the way to go. 

4 hours ago, TB 1 said:

You're not looking to replace Hicks though, you're looking to improve an aspect over what you have currently. Their weakness is the run game and improving that isn't a massive feat in the DL. 

Peko is available, Mike Pennel is, etc. Completely one dimensional players but at least they are big run stuffers who can plug lanes. Our defense is dependent on stopping the run and being able to get Mack and Co to pin their ears back. Then sub them out for RRH and other more athletic guys. 

If you want to take a swing then go for Wilkerson. 

Youre right though, you want the defense to be good enough without Hicks. But to do that you have to keep the LBs clean. Nichols being back will help but RRH isnt able to keep them clean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This is a big loss especially with Nichols not 100% with his broken hand.

Bears DL has to step up big time but I have faith Jay Rodgers will find a way to get these guys going.

I think Nichols should be close now to being fully healthy hopefully. But Hicks can hopefully return by the end of the year. Get healthy big man!