Week 7: VIKINGS (4-2) at Lions (2-2-1)

swede700

20 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Any road win .. is a good win.

It looked like our CBs were in position to make plays ... but they didn't make the play ... likely a combination of bad luck and great ball placement.

Stafford is also one of the few QBs in the league that trusts his guys to make plays and will forcefeed the ball to his WRs even if they are blanketed (See 6:57)

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Stafford is also one of the few QBs in the league that trusts his guys to make plays and will forcefeed the ball to his WRs even if they are blanketed (See 6:57)

Force feeding the ball ... is something I hope coaching staff ingrain in Cousins as the season goes on....
The WR is generally in a better position if the QB directs his throw, and then you have flags to help you out as well.

A properly thrown ball to a great, yet covered WR, is still a +50% win rate IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

Force feeding the ball ... is something I hope coaching staff ingrain in Cousins as the season goes on....
The WR is generally in a better position if the QB directs his throw, and then you have flags to help you out as well.

A properly thrown ball to a great, yet covered WR, is still a +50% win rate IMO. 

Isn’t that how we essentially lost the game in GB. He should have thrown the ball away,  he forced it to Diggs.

i agree that it is better to be aggressive than gun shy. I think that’s the difference between a great QB and a mediocre one. You just have to be smart about and situationally aware.

Edited by vikingsrule

3 minutes ago, Freakout said:

Johnson and Smith have been welcome surprises.  I didn't expect much from Smith, based off his Alabama highlights, but he is much more than a gadget player.

Smith?

EDIT: Wow get me some coffee! I need it...was totally thinking our Alabama TE's name was OJ Howard for a good 30 seconds. Had to look up the 2019 draft class to confirm I was right....embarrassing.

Edited by Klomp

9 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Smith?

EDIT: Wow get me some coffee! I need it...was totally thinking our Alabama TE's name was OJ Howard for a good 30 seconds. Had to look up the 2019 draft class to confirm I was right....embarrassing.

I'm going to give you 3 words to remember. I want you to repeat them back to me. We'll do some other tests and then I'll ask you to say those 3 words again -- it's a memory test.

OK? Repeat after me...