Week 7: VIKINGS (4-2) at Lions (2-2-1)

swede700

After watching the replay of the game, I don’t think Thielen’s hamstring injury is all that serious. Probably enough to hold him out of Thursday’s game, but maybe not any longer than that. 

Something I noticed during the broadcast, they showed Thielen standing in the sideline, in his pads talking with other players. Teams don’t let injured players stand, in pads, on the sideline. Especially players with lower body injuries. 

So, fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

After watching the replay of the game, I don’t think Thielen’s hamstring injury is all that serious. Probably enough to hold him out of Thursday’s game, but maybe not any longer than that. 

Something I noticed during the broadcast, they showed Thielen standing in the sideline, in his pads talking with other players. Teams don’t let injured players stand, in pads, on the sideline. Especially players with lower body injuries. 

So, fingers crossed 🤞 

It didn't look like he ever tried to get back in but yeah it didn't look too bad. Hopefully it's a term injury but hopefully they don't rush it

Just managed to watch the game. The defense looked bad to start. Xavier Rhodes is done. Like completely done. I don't get it.

The offense was awesome again. Glad to see Smith and Bisi involved, with 81 scoring his first TD in his career.

I hope Thielen is okay. I doubt he plays Thursday. No need to rush him back.

The defensive line got handled this game. I'd like to see how they respond on a short week.

Vikings win. Skol!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

The last time we scored 42+ was December 27, 2015 against the New York Giants. Only the second time we've done it in the Zimmer era.

Wasnt that the game we randomly dropped 48 on Philly with Cassel at QB and Asiata starting at RB?

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The defensive line got handled this game.

They got quite a bit of pressure off the edges considering how often the Lions moved the pocket and/or kept extra guys in to block. The interior DL had no pass rush, but that’s been true all year. I’d like to see Holmes get a shot at the nickel DT instead of Mata’afa, who’s been getting manhandled, and has produced nothing. 

They also did an OK job against the run. Lost of short to medium gains, and no TFLs that I remember, but no explosive plays. Lions OL is pretty good and they were playing at home. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

There was 1 or 2 plays where the WR ran open that I can think of but most of the plays the defender didn't seem far off. 

Stafford played really well. Only throw I remember him missing was the end zone pass to Hockensen on their first TD drive. 

The Lions are a good team, they were at home, they had their season on the line. They got the benefit of the doubt on a couple of calls on offense (Griffen and Barr penalties extending a TD drive, several uncalled holds on pass rushers most blatantly Griffen being held on the underneath pass that Amendola took for 30+ on one of the 1st half TD drives). Their game plan was smart, moving the pocket and keeping in extra blockers. Stafford was great, and their receivers were excellent. 

All that went against the Vikings and they still only allowed 30 points, including 6 in garbage time. Not exactly a disaster.

• Like 3

Man, this team is fun to watch. We are aggressive in our play calling and balanced and really only seem to have minor issues on the O-Line right now. It was disappointing to watch our defensive give up so many plays despite being in the right position to make plays, but I would rather the offense be balling out and we're just waiting for our talented defense to play up to their potential. Pass rush definitely has to play better on the road (although they were disciplined in their rush lanes, Stafford didn't manage a ton of ground yards.)

With a huge HFA from a Thursday night game against an overmatched Washington and then a short bye before playing the Mahomes-less Chiefs things are looking way up from the team being 2-2.

• Like 4