Arthur Smith

titans0021

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

To @Andrei01s point though, that may not be a function of just him. That could be him using personnel that Vrabel wants.

That would just make me want them both gone. I can be okay with being above league in 12 and 21 personnel, but I don't ever want to actually be using more than 1 out of every 10 plays in 13 personnel. 

I think personnel usage should largely come down to getting the most talented 11 on the field, and for the first time as the Titans that looks like 11 personnel right now. 

That last paragraph is what it comes down to for me. If it’s a Vrabel call, I want him gone. I have so many problems with Arthur’s route concepts and play designs that even if the personnel groupings are a Vrabel mandate, I want him gone anyways. 

I can deal with 12 personnel, but I still don’t want to be above the league average in two tight end sets. If we had our typical cast of garbage at receiver, that’s fine. But as you said, we now have the receivers needed to run 11 and have three good receiving options. It’s a total waste to spend high picks on two outside receivers, give a slot receiver $9 million per, and then not make that position a focal point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That last paragraph is what it comes down to for me. If it’s a Vrabel call, I want him gone. I have so many problems with Arthur’s route concepts and play designs that even if the personnel groupings are a Vrabel mandate, I want him gone anyways. 

I can deal with 12 personnel, but I still don’t want to be above the league average in two tight end sets. If we had our typical cast of garbage at receiver, that’s fine. But as you said, we now have the receivers needed to run 11 and have three good receiving options. It’s a total waste to spend high picks on two outside receivers, give a slot receiver $9 million per, and then not make that position a focal point.

yeah, honestly, as bad as the play design and play calling has been, personnel usage is really what's sending me over the edge. we have maybe the most talented receiving corps in the history of this stupid team and we don't use them! it's insanity! and doubly so when our tight end group is actually not really quite as strong as previous years due to delanie's age/injuries.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 3

I didn’t see a lot of the game but listened to a lot of it but man I just can’t take this guy for much longer and the worst part is we are stuck with this boob for the rest of the year

You guys will have a lot of other things to say he did well and didn’t do well but my god he has a bad sense of urgency 

I caught the game when it was 24-7 and it’s late 3rd and he’s still run run pass when we need yards points and to save as much time as possible

Coach Mac is like “here comes Carolina on a run  blitz”

Mike Keith “Henry with the hand off for no gain”

Cmon Arthur stop forcing the run when it’s not there

Then last in the game 3rd and 1 let me toss right to Dion Lewis for a loss of 3 to kill more clock and lose yards 

The usage of Corey Davis is unacceptable he had a few garbage time grabs but it’s an absolute joke that we can’t go into games with the mind set of “hey we want to pound it with Henry but we have all these nice receivers that can really help the run game by spreading the ball around through the air to all our talented pass catchers”

I still have hope for this year, today was not all on Arthur Smith, Succop killed us and the defense was atrocious for most of the day especially on 3rd downs but this offense isn’t going any where with Arthur Smith calling plays and we are never developing a QB from the draft with that offensive staff 

Last piece of advice to Arthur Smith, he probably needs a change of scenery and what I mean is he could probably benefit from calling a game up stairs like Peas

10 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I didn’t see a lot of the game but listened to a lot of it but man I just can’t take this guy for much longer and the worst part is we are stuck with this boob for the rest of the year

You guys will have a lot of other things to say he did well and didn’t do well but my god he has a bad sense of urgency 

I caught the game when it was 24-7 and it’s late 3rd and he’s still run run pass when we need yards points and to save as much time as possible

Coach Mac is like “here comes Carolina on a run  blitz”

Mike Keith “Henry with the hand off for no gain”

Cmon Arthur stop forcing the run when it’s not there

Then last in the game 3rd and 1 let me toss right to Dion Lewis for a loss of 3 to kill more clock and lose yards 

The usage of Corey Davis is unacceptable he had a few garbage time grabs but it’s an absolute joke that we can’t go into games with the mind set of “hey we want to pound it with Henry but we have all these nice receivers that can really help the run game by spreading the ball around through the air to all our talented pass catchers”

I still have hope for this year, today was not all on Arthur Smith, Succop killed us and the defense was atrocious for most of the day especially on 3rd downs but this offense isn’t going any where with Arthur Smith calling plays and we are never developing a QB from the draft with that offensive staff 

Last piece of advice to Arthur Smith, he probably needs a change of scenery and what I mean is he could probably benefit from calling a game up stairs like Peas

He could probably benefit by going to fedex

Was gonna put this in the guy thread, but I don't think it's strong enough.

It's more theory than anything. The bye week will be very important when talking about the future of this team. We get embarrassed by KC (which is likely) change could come sooner than later. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's more theory than anything. The bye week will be very important when talking about the future of this team. We get embarrassed by KC (which is likely) change could come sooner than later. 

Feel like change would be coming real soon then because I don’t see us keeping it close against KC

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I’m still shocked that Jay Gruden or just anyone out there with OC experience hasn’t been brought in already as a consultant like they did with Greg Williams and the guy from the Colts that was brought in at the end of one of the Locker seasons to help out 

• Like 1

I'm on here bitching about not using 11 personnel and some of the best teams in the NFL are using it less than us. (BAL, NE, SF)

The difference is we signed players suited to running that scheme, but it's not as if we have to run that scheme to succeed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I'm on here bitching about not using 11 personnel and some of the best teams in the NFL are using it less than us. (BAL, NE, SF)

The difference is we signed players suited to running that scheme, but it's not as if we have to run that scheme to succeed.

At this point I don’t even care about personnel (even tho the rate we do 13 is absurd). I just want to consistently put our 11 players in the best positions for them to succeed and use their talents on each and every snap (or at least try to)

• Like 1